Italy v England | Thurs 23rd March 2023, 19:45

I wonder what percentage of Rooney's England goals were penalties? Quite a lot, I fancy.
And I know several were against mighty San Marino and the like.
Can't be bothered to trawl through the stats. I'm sure some smarty guy/gal will tell me.
(And I don't recall Greaves taking penalties either)
Yes, all Jimmy’s goals from open play against major opponents

None of JG's England goals were pens, he must comfortably lead the goals per game table.
I'm sure he was often portrayed as a 'goal-hanger' but the excellent documentary 'Greavsie' showed him to be much more than that, a beautiful finisher usually without trying to leather the skin off it. I hadn't realised just how good a player he was until I watched that, I would recommend it.
He would pass the ball into the net and never had a thunderbolt shot like Charlton ,

On the night Kane becomes top scorer, mail are saying he can't go on forever and 'natural heir' mason greenwood (hahaha!!! that's right!!) chances look non-existant. Quite a good ripping of the press generally, tbh...

On the night Kane becomes top scorer, mail are saying he can't go on forever and 'natural heir' mason greenwood (hahaha!!! that's right!!) chances look non-existant. Quite a good ripping of the press generally, tbh...

“Heir apparent?” That’s a mind boggling statement.

Aside from what you may think of Greenwood as a person, he’s scored 22 goals in his whole career at rate of 1:4 and his entire England career to date has lasted 12 minutes.

My guess is he’ll probably end up playing for Jamaica anyway.

I wonder what percentage of Rooney's England goals were penalties? Quite a lot, I fancy.
And I know several were against mighty San Marino and the like.
Can't be bothered to trawl through the stats. I'm sure some smarty guy/gal will tell me.
(And I don't recall Greaves taking penalties either)
Just checked - Rooney scored 5 v San Marino.

He scored 2 v Brazil (friendlies), 1 v France (friendly) and 1 v Argentina (friendly). None in competitive games against these three (or v the three below).

Versus Germany, Spain & Italy - none at all.

You may draw conclusions from all this.

He scored 2 v Brazil (friendlies), 1 v France (friendly) and 1 v Argentina (friendly). None in competitive games against these three (or v the three below).

He was actually just a bully boy.

Only scored against Scotland in a friendly(2), none against Wales, Eire and N.Ireland.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.