Italy v England - UEFA Nations League | Friday 23rd September, 19:45

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its rather about Southgate’s line up prediction, than my own recommendation, but I believe line up is going to be like this:

Ramsdale

James Guehi Maguire Stones Trippier

Bellingham Rice Mount

Kane Sterling

For obvious reasons I would prefere few changes hear (regardless of formation, because I would probably start with alterations in this aspect, but it seems impossible): Foden instead of Mount, Grealish for Sterling (what actually may be called as fanboism though), Walker for Guehi (but as we know Walker has been injured lately, so maybe its for the better). So at least Foden for Mount is more than justified for me.

Moreover Chilwell ahead of Trippier or James to the left and TAA on the right side. There is a good argument for Trippier I must admit with set pieces, but overally its big difference for me in strictly football quality between TAA/Chilwell and Trippier.

Its also a close one between Ramsdale and Pope for me.

Be nice to see:

Ramsdale

James
Walker
Maguire
Chilwell

Rice
Bellingham
Mount

Foden
Grealish
Kane

Will likely be a 5-3-2 borefest though

Serious question - when people accuse Southgate of being an FA yes man, what do they mean? Which orders are the FA giving him that he is mindlessly fulfilling? Unless people are using 'yes man' to mean 'makes decisions I don't personally agree with'.

Be nice to see:

Ramsdale

James
Walker
Maguire
Chilwell

Rice
Bellingham
Mount

Foden
Grealish
Kane

Will likely be a 5-3-2 borefest though
No Stones? He looks for me like most in form CB and my guess is Southgate rates him.

Agree with formation.

Question is also about Saka, I think he was generally max decent last weeks for Arsenal, but my guts tell me Southgate may start him.

Serious question - when people accuse Southgate of being an FA yes man, what do they mean? Which orders are the FA giving him that he is mindlessly fulfilling? Unless people are using 'yes man' to mean 'makes decisions I don't personally agree with'.
It means he's the FA woman. If they told him to bring back Team Beckham for the shirts sales in the WC he would.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.