Items you never see nowadays

Popping tar off cobbled streets in summer
Sylvester trousers (like tonics but checked)
Sailor trousers
Tin bath
Tippler bog (outside shithouse that dropped your load directly into the sewer)
Pisspot under the bed (couldn’t use the tippler in the middle of the night)
Radio Luxembourg
Peter Styvesun cigs
Playboy mag
Caning at school
Detention
Cherry B, Pony and Babycham in those little bottles, the first known as “leg opener”
TV and Radio Times especially at Christmas
C & A
Chocolate gold coins
Dimple whisky
Penny round shirts
Watneys Red Barrel bitter, on Tiswas Lenny Henry read the “news”, he said “Watneys Red Barrel Brewery is to to close, 10 million gnats are being made redundant”

Popping tar off cobbled streets in summer
Sylvester trousers (like tonics but checked)
Sailor trousers
Tin bath
Tippler bog (outside shithouse that dropped your load directly into the sewer)
Pisspot under the bed (couldn’t use the tippler in the middle of the night)
Radio Luxembourg
Peter Styvesun cigs
Playboy mag
Caning at school
Detention
Cherry B, Pony and Babycham in those little bottles, the first known as “leg opener”
TV and Radio Times especially at Christmas
C & A
Chocolate gold coins
Dimple whisky
Penny round shirts
Watneys Red Barrel bitter, on Tiswas Lenny Henry read the “news”, he said “Watneys Red Barrel Brewery is to to close, 10 million gnats are being made redundant”
Had a pair of sylvesters from Justin’s or Ivor’s some called them overchecks had a pair of pow too never went as far as Ruperts though, first penny round was a black Brutus from Ivor’s

Had a pair of sylvesters from Justin’s or Ivor’s some called them overchecks had a pair of pow too never went as far as Ruperts though, first penny round was a black Brutus from Ivor’s
It was a real treat to go those shops in town, do you remember the bags, Stolen from Ivor’s? Happy, innocent days indeed. My first penny round shirt was a bright yellow one, I’m not sure but it could have been a Ben Sherman.

Do you mean a Wythenshawe Spud Gun?
Where you hold a potato over the end of a 9mm to act as a silencer? Because they are still used.

Lol whilst I am from WHP in Wythy originally I cant say this is an experience I have had, although you never know... ;-0

10-incredibly-dangerous-childrens-toys-that-were-banned-8.jpg

1960s 'toy' water rockets - lethal

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.