Items you never see nowadays

Tibbs St jokes shop, along with itching powder and those cherry bomb things.
hydrogen sulphide solution in thin glass containers - amazing thing to sell to schoolkids
"Hydrogen sulfide is the chemical compound with the formula H ₂S. It is a colorless chalcogen hydride gas with the characteristic foul odor of rotten eggs. It is very poisonous, corrosive, and flammable"

That hand-signal according to the Highway Code for "I am slowing down or stopping."

Trolleybuses.
McEwans Export - allegedly beer.
Boddingtons Old Ale
Those little hand carts that sold shitty "hamburgers".
Blokes with placards saying "The End is Nigh"
Blokes walking up and down Market St in a sandwich board advertising stuff.
The North Fur Company.
UCP - and its products, like tripe, but I was thinking more of the restaurants.
Overnight trains to London - or indeed, anywhere.
Comfortable seats on trains.
Politicians who spoke with authority and didn't tell obvious lies every two minutes.

You can still get the Caledonian sleeper train from London to various locations in Scotland. Think they are due to upgrade them soon.

Caramac bars. My grandad used to buy me one every Saturday, he also got me a flake and a Turkish delight. The thought of eating a caramac or Turkish delight now makes me feel physically sick. Still like flakes though

You can still get the Caledonian sleeper train from London to various locations in Scotland. Think they are due to upgrade them soon.
I sat next to Mike Harding, him of Rochdale cowboy fame, on that train when I was a kid. Remember my dad telling me there were wolves outside so I spent most of the journey wolf spotting.

Caramac bars. My grandad used to buy me one every Saturday, he also got me a flake and a Turkish delight. The thought of eating a caramac or Turkish delight now makes me feel physically sick. Still like flakes though
You can buy caramac bars in b&m ,

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.