It's going to be a busy evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rammyblues,

If we register Johanson and not Wright as well as RSC leaving can we register someone be it De Rossi or Garcia etc for the Prem team and the CL?

Davs 19 said:
stavros said:
Ducado said:
Gerard Piqué

seriously?
citykev said this?
whats his source?
surely not

Yes
Yes
Protected
Apparently

Hope this helps.

4 people know where I've got this from and not one has mocked it. As I keep saying, it is something that is being discussed. I'm dreading tomorrow if it doesn't come off but I was told by someone from within the game that I've known for about 15 years that it's being discussed.

Duncan Castles:

Manchester City have responded to Roberto Mancini's strident demands that his senior squad be reinforced by rushing to conclude a series of end-of-window transfers.

Principal among City's market moves is an attempt to recruit Javi Garcia as a new holding midfielder. Benfica are attempting to maximise their profit for the 25 year old who has played one full international for Spain by insisting that the Premier League champions meet a €30 million (Dh135m) buyout clause.

Mancini's preference had been to sign Daniele De Rossi for the position, but City consider the Italy captain prohibitively expensive.

They did not want to meet the €40m buyout on Javi Martinez's contract at Atheltic Bilbao, allowing the Spain international to join Bayern Munich instead.

On the right hand side of their defence, City are negotiating to purchase Mancini's choice in Maicon.

The Brazil international, 31, has been made available as part of Inter Milan's efforts to rationalise their wage bill and is ready to work with his former coach.

The transfer fee is expected to be €6m with Maicon seeking an increase on his €4m salary.

Andrea Stramaccioni, the Inter coach, has said he would not stand in Maicon's way. "It's not a totally new situation," Stramaccioni said according to the ANSA news agency. "In the right-back position I have [Javier] Zanetti and Jonathan [Moreira], although Maicon has very unique qualities. Let's see what happens. If he stays, then great. Otherwise, we'd be willing to say farewell to a great player."

A move more suited to City's long-term strategy of acquiring talented home-grown players is the purchase of Scott Sinclair. Swansea City have accepted a guaranteed payment of £6.2m (Dh35.95m) with a further £1.8m in variables for the England Under 21 international.

Sinclair had refused to extend his contract at Swansea. The deal means City have ended their interest in recruiting Marseille's Loic Remy for their right wing berth.

Mancini has been pushing for new arrivals to strengthen the club's chances of winning the Champions League this season.

"I think we need to improve for the Champions League," Mancini said last week.

"If we do a good job in the last week [of the transfer window] we can arrive in the final. That should be our target."

City have spent much of the summer attempting to reduce their salary commitments by moving on players Mancini was unhappy with. They are close to concluding a deal to sell the Dutch midfielder Nigel de Jong to AC Milan.

Rammyblues,

If we register Johanson and not Wright as well as RSC leaving can we register someone be it De Rossi or Garcia etc for the Prem team and the CL?

Nope.

As I said the squad listed there is as full as it can be for CL. Mancini might have two squad lists, he did last year but if memory serves me right it was fringe players such as Hargreaves and Pizarro, who by the time he came was during Tevez's absence.

Now if DDR or Garcia came you have to tell one of the above out of the list he aint playing CL footie, could be Kolo or Kolorov. IMO he won't do that and I suspect that is why NDJ has gone, maybe Mancini said to him I am signing Maicon, you haven't signed a new contract therefore unless you find a new club you will miss out on CL football hence the quick sale to AC Milan. That is pure guesswork, but if anyone thinks we are signing a Garcia and Pique this evening for 100m all well and good but tomorrow Mancini will be telling two of the above squad no CL football.

citykev28 said:
Davs 19 said:
stavros said:
seriously?
citykev said this?
whats his source?
surely not

Yes
Yes
Protected
apparently

Hope this helps.

4 people know where I've got this from and not one has mocked it. As I keep saying, it is something that is being discussed. I'm dreading tomorrow if it doesn't come off but I was told by someone from within the game that I've known for about 15 years that it's being discussed.

Kev, don't think I'm mocking for a minute mate. I believe your posting in good faith and I hope your right.......l.l.

Rammyblues said:
You are only showing one CT player which means the maximum squad size for CL is 22.

Well it's clear the city would leave Wright and santa cruz out of the squad, so then they have all 22 spots filled. I see your point, but I could understand 1 more acquisition by the club

citykev28 said:
Davs 19 said:
stavros said:
seriously?
citykev said this?
whats his source?
surely not

Yes
Yes
Protected
Apparently

Hope this helps.

I'm dreading tomorrow if it DOES come off!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.