It's going to be a busy evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
yankblue said:
I hope I'm wrong but I just can't see Pique happening. Why in the world would Barcelona ever let him go? And why would he want to leave?
Because Shakira LOVES Noel

<a class="postlink" href="http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQvW_hBzkD7m_gEdIudNtDSXxae31EwIJDUX18-hOZpeXAn_bRv7g" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9 ... eXAn_bRv7g</a>

On the BBC web site now:

Manchester City target Maicon and Javi Garcia on deadline day
By Phil McNulty Chief football writer, BBC Sport

Manchester City are aiming to complete the signing of Inter Milan defender Maicon and Benfica's Javi Garcia before the transfer deadline.

Brazil's Maicon, 31, is available for around £5m and boss Roberto Mancini wants him as cover for Pablo Zabaleta.

The £24m-rated Garcia has become a possible new target after Mancini's main midfield target, Daniele de Rossi, decided to stay at Roma.

Fiorentina defender Matija Nastasic is also set to sign for City on Friday.

The Serbian teenager will cost the Premier League champions around £12m - with Stefan Savic going in the opposite direction to Italy. Swansea's Scott Sinclair should also confirm a £6.2m deal with City on Friday.

Mancini insisted City faced a busy five days in the market after the 2-2 draw at Liverpool on Sunday and they have responded as the deadline approaches.

City signed Everton's Jack Rodwell in a £12m deal but decided against pursuing deals for Robin van Persie, who went to Manchester United for £24m, and Eden Hazard, the Belgium international secured by Chelsea in a £32m deal.

Xavi Martinez was another player of great interest to Mancini but he has moved to Bayern Munich from Athletic Bilbao in a £30m-plus transfer as City refused to be drawn into a host of what the club regarded as over-priced deals.

Mancini is still exploring his options, which leaves 25-year-old Garcia as a possible signing on Friday.

MissingCityInMelbourne said:
Manc in London said:
MissingCityInMelbourne said:
Hate to say it as Pique is pure class, but this is bullshit.

He is Barcelonas only fit centre back at the moment so why would they even contemplate selling ?

They just signed Alex Song. He can play centre-half.
Can you imagine Alex Song and Mascherano at centre half ?

It'd be a travesty.

Looking at their defensive showing against Madrid there is not a prayer on earth Pique will be sanctioned to leave.

Put money on it.

I don't have a scooby about who is coming in. Just thought I would mention that Song played centre-half. With Barca though, it's not as if they need quality centre-halves as no-one can get the ball off them. ;)

Ducado said:
It's not really been that busy but who knows what tomorrow may bring

Well we've got Big Mal's, CityKev's and possibly Rodney's predictions to look forward to, so it should be a cracking day tomorrow :))

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.