It's got to be the away kit next season

Cal said:
cityaway10copy.png

thats fucking quality that mate. seriously top work.

was the template taken from the southampton kit?

ColinBellsjockstrap said:
Bongo Joe said:

Notice how all the team are wearing Adidas "Gym" training shoes..the big footwear craze around 1968/70...Probably the world's first proper "training shoe"....

Very similar to these:-

3476wsi.jpg
We should get the players wearing these in the team photo if we get the kit. Would be class.

dw7 said:
city_yank89 said:
images

remake these please

worst city kit ever
nah the west indies cricket shirt one from the 90's and the fuckin terrible silver disco number of around early 2000ish was shite as well and i still fuckin bought it though....like a dickhead. they're the worst in my opinion.

Although red and black stripes means a lot to me I do think that stripes shirts have been difficult to get right ever since the arrival of sponsors names.

If Etihad can appear in some smaller way (as it does on the white sash kit) then I think they may just about make it work, but if it has to go across the middle it may not be right.

They'd also need to get the numbers and names on the back right. Most teams with stripes end up having a large single colour area and it looks a mess.

Worth noting that despite our perception that red/black is a traditional away kit, we've actually worn maroon more often and maroon is our traditional away kit. We've worn maroon for well over a century off and on (mostly on until 1968-69 and at regular intervals since).

In terms of trophy success we've worn:
4 trophy wins - blue (1904, 1937, 1968, 1976)
3 trophy wins red & black (1969, 1970 x 2)
2 maroon (1934, 1956 striped) and as away kit in 1937 & 1968, so could be counted as 4.

Gary James said:
They'd also need to get the numbers and names on the back right. Most teams with stripes end up having a large single colour area and it looks a mess.
I'm pretty sure UEFA rules now state that the back of shirts have to be plain in their competitions so that names and numbers can be seen. If that's correct, we'll either have to have a plain black back or a big square patch, both of which would completely ruin the shirt. Unless, of course, we just use it for domestic competitions and use something else in Europe.

Edit: It would appear that I have just made all of that up, so ignore it!!

Dubai Blue said:
Gary James said:
I'm pretty sure UEFA rules now state that the back of shirts have to be plain in their competitions so that names and numbers can be seen. If that's correct, we'll either have to have a plain black back or a big square patch, both of which would completely ruin the shirt. Unless, of course, we just use it for domestic competitions and use something else in Europe.

Edit: It would appear that I have just made all of that up, so ignore it!!

Right so ...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.