It's not about Tevez, Mancini, Me, You, the Fans..It's MCFC

chanceathefarpost

I have read with interest the whole reaction re the return of Tevez and whether he will or will not be welcomed back / booed etc...

It is my opinion that as a group of fans we cannot afford to express our dissatisfaction with him until the season is over.

We are in a unique position for MCFC; a real opportunity to win the league for the first time in many supporters' lives, yet if it goes wrong, Tevez is the media scapegoat - 'upset the applecart', 'Marsh all over again' etc...

We have got a media sniping at us from every angle, many believe there is also an agenda regarding officials being against us, impending implications from FFP etc... the one thing we cannot afford to have is a divided club - whether that is in the dressing room or on the stands. We therefore must show a collective front. The media will be watching and waiting for the first inclination of booing from the terrace, their fingers are on the keyboard, they can't wait to write the story that Tevez has blown us the title...Rooney has already started his tweet ready to post.... and then there's the utd fans ready to tell us they were right to get rid, despite the quality he possesses etc... We cannot afford this to happen. The title is in our hands - that includes everyone - the players, fans, board and we need to ensure that we remain together at all times.

It seems that the players have accepted him back - now I know that there may be some in the changing room looking at him thinking 'I've been busting my arse off for the last 3 months whilst you've been having a nice jolly etc...' but sensibly, these opinions are either being expressed in private, or being kept inside - For the time being - which is exactly the right course of action. Unwelcome distractions are unhelpful and divisive. Could you have imagined the frenzy if a player had come out and said 'I don't want him back...' That's what the media have been waiting for. They've got no change out of the players which now focuses the attention onto the fans. They want, almost need to write this story....

There is a well-known saying that no-one is bigger than the club - I completely agree. But I interpret this as you always need to do the best thing for the club. In my opinion the best thing for MCFC NOW is to have a fully motivated, match fit Tevez available to play with the backing of his manager, players and crowd. The first two seem to be in place. What are we going to do?

In the summer, I would gladly drive him to Milan or wherever, but being so so close to the ultimate glory, something we thought we'd never see, certainly in my lifetime, we as fans, also can play a huge part. We must continue to back whoever wears the blue shirt. This isn't about me, you, us, Mancini or Tevez.... It is about MCFC. It is about doing whatever we can all do collectively to ensure that come May, we are stood in the fountains in St Anne's square, dancing through Piccadilly and enjoying the moments we could only have dreamt about only 4 years ago. This is our time blues... let's do what is right for MCFC and leave the personal insults and negativity until the summer.

My thinking is that I'd introduce Tevez as a sub v Bolton next week. Hopefully we could be 2-3 goals up after 85 mins, get him on, no stress, done and dealt with at home, in a victory and move on to getting that trophy into Manchester for a change.

Even if we're playing down at Maine Road, Or if we play a million miles away, We'll always have our loyal fans behind us, To cheer us on our way....

Swansea away will be his first appearance. A relatively low key not televised match with only a small number of City fans.

cibaman said:
Swansea away will be his first appearance. A relatively low key not televised match with only a small number of City fans.

Cannot see Sky not wanting to be present when Tevez plays his first game.

Time for fans to put their own thoughts to one side and let the manager decide what is best.

I was as disgusted as anyone with him but I wont boo him if we see him in a city shirt again. He's a city player.

BluePurgatory said:
cibaman said:

Cannot see Sky not wanting to be present when Tevez plays his first game.

Its too late now for Sky to show it live and he'll only play 10 mins. MOTD2 will have the pleasure, assuming he's fit enough by then. If not they'll wait until Stoke away

Mike N said:
Time for fans to put their own thoughts to one side and let the manager decide what is best.

I was as disgusted as anyone with him but I wont boo him if we see him in a city shirt again. He's a city player.

My thoughts exactly, I wish he'd have fucked off in the summer but he's here and we need to back Bobby whatever he decides.

Hopefully when we have europa league games we can play with our main strikers and have carlos do a job upfront on his own in the league. He loves going solo anyway.

I agree with the OP as do 50% of fans. The other 50% don't want Tevez to pull on a Manchester City Football Club shirt again under any circumstances even if it means the difference between winning and losing the Premiership.

In an ideal world, I think almost 100% of fans would prefer never to see Tevez in our shirt again and for him to leave on our terms in the summer, but Premiership & Europa League success is more important than principles at this moment in time.

Tevez is back and that cannot be changed and as the OP has said, no matter how much it sticks in our throats, we must all concentrate on the bigger picture and not on our returning odious dog-creature Tevez.

If he's on the bench, ignore him.

If he's warming up, again ignore him.

If he plays greet him with silence.

If he scores cheer Manchester City and not the player.

But what we should not do is add fuel to the fire and boo him.

Some fan's emotions will unfortunately boil over if/when he steps onto the field of play wearing our shirt again, but please lets not give the waiting media and Rags the moment of implosion they're waiting for! There is no way that booing Tevez whilst he's playing for us is NOT going to effect his team mates which will ultimately effect the fans and possibly derail our season.

Let's do everything in our collective powers to win all our remaining games. After the season has ended, we'll have a lifetime to boo Captain Caveman until the pain has passed and our hearts are content.

Booing Tevez in a game will put a bad feeling around the other players IMO and could possibly ruin the game we are playing at the time. Just cheer if he scores but in general if you don't like him just ignore him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.