It's not Pellers..It's not even the team..

I agree to a point with this, for me though the problems stem more from who has been injured rather than the numbers.

Kompany has been a big miss for us this year as has Nasri, however MDM and Yaya always appear to be fit but neither is up to the job at present.

To be fair, if we had a full squad to choose from yesterday i thing we may well have seen a different match.

Team cohesion is a coachable trait though, and in a squad that the bulk of have been together for 5 years shouldn't be too much of an issue. Playing Negredo when we're up by 6 goals away at West Ham or Aguero half fit against Blackburn at Ewood or playing an injured Silva against Everton is a little more questionable than team cohesion in terms of how it has affected our season

Although I agree somewhat, we have a number of new players this season and players who have had to play more than previously (Sagna, for example).

I'll always go back to the time Aguero played 90 mins in the FA Cup against Watford and then surprise, he gets injured next match vs Spurs.

Injuries are a factor that can't be ignored. As well as losing playing staff the increase in game time for the remaining squad members must cause fatigue over the season, increase the risk of further injury and make a difference to continuity. The thing that struck me both in the Sunderland game and yesterday was how immobile we looked. Almost lethargic.Some fans construe that as lack of effort but perhaps the squad is just 'running on empty'
I know nothing about sport science so can't say if this is bad luck or bad management. It will make interesting viewing over the next spell of games. Are we shot or is it recoverable? If the same energy levels are present against Spuds we will lose unless we adapt our tactics to take account of the sqaud shortages/injuries.

Injuries are a factor that can't be ignored. As well as losing playing staff the increase in game time for the remaining squad members must cause fatigue over the season, increase the risk of further injury and make a difference to continuity. The thing that struck me both in the Sunderland game and yesterday was how immobile we looked. Almost lethargic.Some fans construe that as lack of effort but perhaps the squad is just 'running on empty'
I know nothing about sport science so can't say if this is bad luck or bad management. It will make interesting viewing over the next spell of games. Are we shot or is it recoverable? If the same energy levels are present against Spuds we will lose unless we adapt our tactics to take account of the sqaud shortages/injuries.

They have 8 days to rest for Spurs. Training should be light only and all the work this week should be around how we should play them and the tactics around this. I very much doubt it will be though.

Injuries haven't helped but our team falls apart like no other when 1-2 key players are missing. This is because our manager is completely inflexible tactically.

I agree to a point with this, for me though the problems stem more from who has been injured rather than the numbers.

Kompany has been a big miss for us this year as has Nasri, however MDM and Yaya always appear to be fit but neither is up to the job at present.

To be fair, if we had a full squad to choose from yesterday i thing we may well have seen a different match.

Having Nasri, KDB, Silva and Navas all injured at the same time, as is now the case, is very unhelpful. There were times yesterday when I bemoaned the absence of both Nasri and Bony. And VK and EM would have been my starting CB's yesterday.

Pellegrini is still playing as tho we have a full strength team out there so either way it's his fault.

I agreed. De Bruyne has replaced Silva as the core of our attack. He s the brain of the team.

And Kompany is irreplaceable too.

I regret we sold Micah. He s our luck charm.

Against a packed resolute defence like them, you always need some luck.

Although I agree somewhat, we have a number of new players this season and players who have had to play more than previously (Sagna, for example).

I'll always go back to the time Aguero played 90 mins in the FA Cup against Watford and then surprise, he gets injured next match vs Spurs.

Negredo has always been my sore spot. That West Ham away match where we were about 6-0 up on aggregate going into it in the League Cup. That's the match where he injured his shoulder and completely dropped all of his form, never recovered and eventually left the club because of it.

Also a cup game where he brought on Scott Sinclair and Frank Lampard when 3-1 up with 20 minutes to go when we had a young winger and midfielder on the bench. I went fucking apeshit during that match.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.