Its now easier to say goodbye to the old guard?

As a fanbase we have only ever had the misfortune of losing our favourite players because we have needed the cash in the main but we are a different club now and big clubs sell big players all the time and its something we are all going to have to get used to.

As a fanbase we have only ever had the misfortune of losing our favourite players because we have needed the cash in the main but we are a different club now and big clubs sell big players all the time and its something we are all going to have to get used to.
Selling them at the right time is the issue. You only sell 'big' players when they no longer have a use or you've got somebody better to fill their position.
Which is why I don't see Silva or Kompany going anywhere and why Zabbaleta will get another couple of years if he wants.

I wouldn't be that bothered if we see Hart, Kolarov, Toure, or Nasri moved on this summer but I don't think Zaba, Kompany or Silva are finished at City just yet.

why would they move Hart on?
I'm not saying they would, i'm just saying that Zaba, Vinny and Merlin are the only 3 names that the op mentioned that I would be really sad to see leave this summer. Hart is neither here nor there for me, if he stays great, if he goes i'm sure we'll sign a top class replacement.

I'm not saying they would, i'm just saying that Zaba, Vinny and Merlin are the only 3 names that the op mentioned that I would be really sad to see leave this summer. Hart is neither here nor there for me, if he stays great, if he goes i'm sure we'll sign a top class replacement.
Yeah I agree, for Hart to leave we would have to have someone pretty darn special to replace him, so I feel this wouldn't be a huge issue. The passion he brings to the club and his presence in the dressing room would be a big miss however.

I think our 'legends' who remain at the club, will either perform or be dropped then gone. I doubt it will be a case of watching them gradually sink before our eyes & just see out their contracts. This season will be the last of watching players bumble around playing at 50%. Pep will throw a kid in if he can't get a senior player doing the required work to the required standard, & then sign a new player & sell the old one.

I remember Pep, not so long ago, being dead keen to get Pigfucker back into the Bayern team as he valued him so highly as a footballer, but where is he now ?

I prefer a squad system that moves players on while they still have value in the market. It gives us money to play with and leaves our memories untarnished. Ideally I'd want for every Zappa a £7mill Stones not a Sagna pushing him. Same for Clichy and Kolarov.

I'd have preferred my City memories of Yaya for instance, to be of the rampaging Yaya and not coloured by the fading one.

It concerns me that we aren't spotting players like Stones when they are young and cheap and bringing them on through.

Basically I would have a 'leave us wanting more' approach to player transfers.

Not disagreeing with you at all but we may have found one or two players like John Stones but not been in a position to bring them through as readily as a club like Everton.

By that I mean John Stones is being allowed to fail at times without a great deal of pressure off fans or club alike. Because we are in a situation where if we draw a game everybody becomes shite & its the end of the world, the margins of error aren't the same for us. George Evans could have eased our Midfield problems at times this season & could have turned into something special as could Patrick Roberts, Marcos Lopes & Jason Denayer but the fear of failure could be a factor in decision making.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.