Its now easier to say goodbye to the old guard?

I don't get how it will ever be easy to say goodbye to the players i have loved and they have given me so many great times( not in a AJ sort of way )
I will shed a tear for all of them

Not disagreeing with you at all but we may have found one or two players like John Stones but not been in a position to bring them through as readily as a club like Everton.

By that I mean John Stones is being allowed to fail at times without a great deal of pressure off fans or club alike. Because we are in a situation where if we draw a game everybody becomes shite & its the end of the world, the margins of error aren't the same for us. George Evans could have eased our Midfield problems at times this season & could have turned into something special as could Patrick Roberts, Marcos Lopes & Jason Denayer but the fear of failure could be a factor in decision making.
I know what you mean but great teams can absorb one or two up and coming players as alternates without breaking stride.

So we aren't winning every week, so you've lost all support for the players.
Is that what you're saying. Because that's how it reads to me.

The past few months have been so painful, im staggered we are still (not for long im sure) in all 4 comps. And as a result I feel that my connection to the players has loosened and I wouldn't be half as sad to say my goodbyes this summer.

but fans can have short memories and be very fickle.
That's a pretty bad own goal there.

So we have had a very similar squad since 2011ish, and as a result I have become very attached to the city players, Zabba, Kompany, Kolorov, Toure, Hart, Silva, Nasri ETC all have been with us for many years. I normally hate change and a few months ago when the age of our squad was being used as a media weapon to beat us with, I was pretty sad that we would lose some of these players. I was sad to see Dzeko leave for the same reasons. These guys were vital in helping smash to the next level of English football and bring us home our first pieces of silverware.

However...

The past few months have been so painful, im staggered we are still (not for long im sure) in all 4 comps. And as a result I feel that my connection to the players has loosened and I wouldn't be half as sad to say my goodbyes this summer. So this horrible form may make the transitional phase with Pep easier for us? Cash in on some of our old guard now and bring in young and hungry players.

I worry that the 'legends' of some of these players could be tarnished if they stay and continue to disappoint. Toure and my favourite player Zabba are the two I worry most about In this respect.
Having read this op again i find the 2nd half some of the biggest pile of crap i have read on here and that is going some

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.