It's official!: Ireland signs FIVE year deal.

Re: It's official!

Saw it in him the season before last. An undoubted natural ability and instinct that cannot be learnt on the training ground.

He was working his socks off for us in that season, and although it didn't always pay dividends there was always the odd goal even then that showed the sheer potential of a natural. That lad can strike a ball and make a killer pass as good as anyone I have seen in recent years.

Thank you Stevie. It has been a sheer pleasure to watch you grow, you just needed the self belief.

This is brilliant news!!

And Immaculate Pasta....we always knew, didn't we? ;-)

Great news.
Now let's see if any of the others (we all know who) have the same inner strength as our
Superman to improve themselves during the close season.

JohnMaddocksAxe said:
This lad will only get better imo. With more support it's in no way ridiculous to suggest that he could become the equal of any attacking midfielder in this league. It took Gerrard and Lampard until their mid twenties to start becoming the influence that they are on their teams. And that was playing in teams that hammer the rest most weeks.

And i don't think either of them has as much pure, natural, on the ball ability. Possibly more powerful or in possession of a better shot or a more imposing style of play. That can be developed though. The sort of technique Ireland has is very difficult to coach into a player.

Correct.

In their age 22 seasons:
League Apps (Goals) Total Apps (Goals)
Stevie G 34 (5) 54 (7)
Frank Lampard 30 (7) 37 (9)
Superman 35 (9) 47 (13)

Points to note: Lampard was still at West Ham in that season. There's no doubt that Stevie has already reached an immensely high level of play - after all, he's not just a goalscorer - so he is like Lampard and Gerrard in that respect. Interesting how good Lampard was even at West Ham - a measure of his quality. He has been the best - most consistent - player in the league over the last 5 seasons. But Stevie can be at least as good as either of them. It's just a question of whether he wants it enough, and at the moment it's looking good on that score.

The Fat el Hombre said:
mackenzie said:

Pass me the bucket

Jut because you didn't rate him there is no need to be nasty when others are right.

But bucket pased....enjoy. ;-)

Braggster said:
In their age 22 seasons:
League Apps (Goals) Total Apps (Goals)
Stevie G 34 (5) 54 (7)
Frank Lampard 30 (7) 37 (9)
Superman 35 (9) 47 (13)

Points to note: Lampard was still at West Ham in that season. There's no doubt that Stevie has already reached an immensely high level of play - after all, he's not just a goalscorer - so he is like Lampard and Gerrard in that respect. Interesting how good Lampard was even at West Ham - a measure of his quality. He has been the best - most consistent - player in the league over the last 5 seasons. But Stevie can be at least as good as either of them. It's just a question of whether he wants it enough, and at the moment it's looking good on that score.

This will be getting recycled a lot in the coming weeks - thank you!

The Fat el Hombre said:
mackenzie said:

Pass me the bucket

Here you go fatty

kfc%20bucket%20of%20chicken.gif

This has made my day not only because he's a fantastic talent but now I can order the "superman T shirt" with peace of mind. LOL!

IM Aka FDM ...props to you, I remember you sticking up for Ireland when everyone else had written him off so credit where credits due......now who's got that sick bucket ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.