It's only 6 points

They've won at ours, Anfield and Stamford Bridge. On top of that we've got a few tough fixtures up next whilst theirs are all piss easy. Won't be suprised if were furthe behind by the new year.

We turned a 5-6 points lead into a 8 points United lead if I remember well. To turn that back we need luck from them making big mistakes vs Wigan, Everton and also we needed a perfect 6 matches finish winning all the 6 matches.

The big trouble they are winning away matches that they were not winning at all last year.

Liverpool away
Chelsea away
City away

9 points for them this year last year the had two draws and the los against us so 2 points only.

While at home in bigger matches like bogey team Everton and Arsenal and United we had 9 points beating all of them last season.

This season we two draws and the loss from today.

We need to improve a lot as soon as possible. Right from the Newcastle match.
Newcastle away wont be easy. We won there last year. Since then are more out of form than us. Must win.

Armaan said:
They've won at ours, Anfield and Stamford Bridge. On top of that we've got a few tough fixtures up next whilst theirs are all piss easy. Won't be suprised if were furthe behind by the new year.

Not picking a fight here Blue, But...

Our Next 3 Fixtures:
Newcastle (A)
Reading (H)
Sunderland (A)

Their Next 3 Fixtures:
Sunderland (H)
Swansea (A)
Newcastle (H)

Unless you truly put that much stock in home vs. away fixtures against sides a team like ours SHOULD be beating, this next run of three is pretty even. If you still view Toon Army or Mackems as bogey sides for us, then I also think it's coming on time where we need to jettison this school of thought as well, or we won't be winning much going forward. We need to grow comfortable as a top quality side that can beat anyone on any day and expect to do so.

I'll put it another way. If anyone thinks we have a serious risk of dropping points to Sunderland or Newcastle, then I should expect that they could see the Rags doing the same. I'm sorry, but I saw NOTHING out of them today that said to me that they are unbeatable.

* Rooney's first goal was on a fluke mis-hit. Still not sure why Joe didn't at least dive for that one.
* His second was down to shambolic defending and VK's presence might well have nullified the chance entirely.
* Van Persie scored off a set piece that featured a poorly set wall and a goal keeper who let the shot past him on his side (I'll give him a pass because of the deflection off Nasri).

The last time the whistle blew at the end of a match between us and them and I felt we were dominated by them in any way was in 2010 on the day of GrannyShagger's shinner. Since then it's been pretty much level pegging (run of play and not scoreline) in all matches with the exception of us gutting them like a stuck pig at the swamp last October and completely smothering them at Eastlands last spring. Pretty good run of form for us against them over several years, if you ask me. Fuck's sake, we played over 3/4 of a Cup tie against them down a man in that time span and still almost beat the cunts.

It's far from over, and the next few fixtures don't look to give either side a marked advantage if you ask me. I'm not happy we lost today, but I'm not about to fuck off and support Port Vale because of it. Let's take our lumps and move on - together!

CTID

I cant see them losing many games TBH, the defence is shit but they are scoring for fun. They learnt their lesson from last season, keep it out of the middle and play it wide.

We're so better team it's untrue, to see them 6 points clear on the top is criminal. Apart from the score you'd never guess it was 2nd against 1st in today's game, they barely make a single action apart from goals ones. Almost all teams that visited Etihad this season were more threat. They're just bloody clinical, f'n van Persie and Rooney are hitting the net even when they miss the ball.

Of course we could turn it out but to do that we have to start scoring our chances and that means Aguero to stop being a shadow of his last season self and Silva to score more than one from 50 shots.

Time is running though, not only we're 6 points behind but we played 2 more home games and have to go to OT.

They'll drop points, they have to, there's absolutely no chance they can continue winning like this while being average or having 15 minutes good spells in each game. It has to stop at some time.

But if we don't pick ourselves up, it won't matter.

I have absolutely no doubt that United will give us the opportunity to get back into this by dropping plenty of points between now and May, but will we be able to capitalise on it?

It should be fairly simple to overturn these six points if we string 5-6 victories together, but we really need to get our arses into gear as we've shown no sign of this happening so far. Any more draws and that lead could very quickly become 10 points, which is my major concern.

We absolutely have to go on a winning streak now and get that lead pegged back to 3 as soon as possible.

Well if last year we'd lost the league it would have been because our away record and matches like WBA-City 0-0, Sunderland-City 1-0, Swansea-City 1-0, Everton-City 1-0, Arsenal-City 1-0 etc...

This year we dont have that good home record we had maybe 1 draw at home in all, and now we have 2 draws and a lost match already. If we cant improve our form there good chance that some smaller teams will be able to defend us out in Etihad and parking the bus in effective way. We cannot really afford losing more home points.

But away matches will decide our fate. Can see United getting even more away points than last season.
They had 42 points from away matches last season.

We are not even in "half time of the league" and they have 21 points from away matches so they are on track to get at least 42 points again.
Already played their hardest away matches /Pool, Chelsea, City/ and they got 9 points from these, bloody hell.
Spurs, Arsenal maybe we can trust in them but I'm sure they will crumble against them more when they will play vs. City.

It's only 6 points difference but the signs arent showing great chances for us. We need to hit form right now.

After 16 rounds last year it was 41 points for us and 39 points for United.

They have 39 points this year as well so they started the same way pretty much.
But we have only 33 points instead of 41.

And we did not handle well the second half of the league very well.

We very much need a run of 22 matches from now on as we had in the first 16 matches last season.

And the CL/EL fiasco. We need a pretty clear advantage not playing in Europe anymore this year.

Can we make it count? Hopefully bit form needs to start now Newcastle away, Sunderland away, Norwich away matches in December. These are not even the hardest away matches we still have.
Those will be Swansea away, Everton away, Arsenal away where the team/Mancini looked pretty clueless how to win those matches last year. And we had an overall better form that time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.