It's only half time.

No its not, we played 90 mins + and lost 3-1.

Don't try and put an optimistic spin on it all with your thread title, we are city fans...
Pessimism is our forte.

we have lost the last 2 uefa ties agg 5-1.

Fact, not spin.

Sort the away form now MH.

allyboy said:

Don't try and put an optimistic spin on it all with your thread title, we are city fans...
Pessimism is our forte.

Fact, not spin.

There are 180 minutes in the tie. We have played 90.

90+ Minutes with 45,000+ screaming the ball in the net....hardly impossible to score twice is it....C'MON CITY..

allyboy said:

Pessimism is our forte.

Fact, not spin.

Whilst that's true enough we played a side who have proved to be extremely strong at home this season ....... that side now have to visit (and survive) at another side who is equally as strong at home ...... us!

Immaculate Pasta said:
Even if we were 3-1 down at half time in a 90 min game it would be hard to come back.

We're not though are we. We are one nil down at half time in any other circumstances. We've got 90 minutes to score two goals without reply and we are through. We are stronger at home and we have a set of fans that are actually far better and more up for it when the shit is whirling through the fan blades than they are if we are 1:0 up.

This can be done. It's not like we're two nil down with five minutes to go. Remember Gillingham 99 remember Spurs 04.

black mamba said:
allyboy said:

Pessimism is our forte.

Fact, not spin.

Whilst that's true enough we played a side who have proved to be extremely strong at home this season ....... that side now have to visit (and survive) at another side who is equally as strong at home ...... us!

Too true mamba, I like your spin on it.
Let's av 'em!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

am i the only person who thinks that we are not capable of keeping a clean sheet next week against a good hamburg side?!

mcfc_nick said:
am i the only person who thinks that we are not capable of keeping a clean sheet next week against a good hamburg side?!

No.

It's not over,but the third goal has made life extremely difficult for us.

But then taking off SWP and replacing him with the headless chicken Fernandes rather than replacing him with a champing-at-the-bit Petrov didn't help my optimism...I have come to the conclusion,that try as I might I simply cannot understand or fathom the logic of Hughes' tactical or positional thinking.It baffles me.

Still up for it,but thinking we'll get there despite him,rather than because of him.

mcfc_nick said:

No. You can't expect Given to be that fortunate again. We could be out of sight if it weren't for him. With Richards in such poor form against a very good winger on our wide pitch I'll be surprised if we keep a clean sheet. We'll need at least 3 or 4 goals to end up winning this game. Sorry to be so pessimistic.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.