It's only half time.

citymad said:
mcfc_nick said:
am i the only person who thinks that we are not capable of keeping a clean sheet next week against a good hamburg side?!

No. You can't expect Given to be that fortunate again. We could be out of sight if it weren't for him. With Richards in such poor form against a very good winger on our wide pitch I'll be surprised if we keep a clean sheet. We'll need at least 3 or 4 goals to end up winning this game. Sorry to be so pessimistic.

"fortunate"? It's called talent. And the goalkeeper is as much part of the team as anyone else, so "if it wasn't for him" is meaningless. We do have him.

Before the game last night we all knew we would have to win our home game. Nothing has changed - we still do!

Spindash said:
citymad said:
mcfc_nick said:
am i the only person who thinks that we are not capable of keeping a clean sheet next week against a good hamburg side?!

No. You can't expect Given to be that fortunate again. We could be out of sight if it weren't for him. With Richards in such poor form against a very good winger on our wide pitch I'll be surprised if we keep a clean sheet. We'll need at least 3 or 4 goals to end up winning this game. Sorry to be so pessimistic.

"fortunate"? It's called talent. And the goalkeeper is as much part of the team as anyone else, so "if it wasn't for him" is meaningless. We do have him.

Fortunate wasn't the right word what i was trying to say is if they attack us like that again Given may not be in the right place like he was last night. Sometimes keepers have those nights where everything works out for them. Given is a fantastic keeper and definately saved us from a right thrashing.

citymad said:
Spindash said:
citymad said:
mcfc_nick said:

Fortunate wasn't the right word what i was trying to say is if they attack us like that again Given may not be in the right place like he was last night. Sometimes keepers have those nights where everything works out for them. Given is a fantastic keeper and definately saved us from a right thrashing.

Hamburg wont be as cavalier as last night they will pack the middle and hope to nick one on the counter,as the above post said we all new we would have to win our home game so nothing has changed except we need an extra goal then our away goal pays off,the earlyer we score the better then i see hamburg in meltdown cos coms would be rocking

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.