It's quiet 10, no apologies! (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
supa-dapa-dan said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
bluebannana said:
martinez, bale and strurridge would do me

Amen to that - although RVP could still have a big say in this.

For what it's worth, if Sturridge is close to £15m, think Mancini will go for it.

Really likes the boy and his wages are still on the low side for our current squad.
It's all good if Mancini likes Sturridge,but would his ego allow him to come back here.

Sturridge would jump at the chance of a return to City.

And doesn't he have a sell-on clause that is worth 25% to us as part of the original deal? That would knock £4m off any transfer figure wouldn't it?

Soulboy said:
supa-dapa-dan said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Amen to that - although RVP could still have a big say in this.

For what it's worth, if Sturridge is close to £15m, think Mancini will go for it.

Really likes the boy and his wages are still on the low side for our current squad.
It's all good if Mancini likes Sturridge,but would his ego allow him to come back here.

And doesn't he have a sell-on clause that is worth 25% to us as part of the original deal? That would knock £4m off any transfer figure wouldn't it?

He literally 'grew up' here. His friends are here. He visits all the time. He took £70k a week at Chelsea.

He would be a steal.

He would qualify as a homegrown player and can also play wide, something which may appeal to Mancini.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Soulboy said:
supa-dapa-dan said:
He literally 'grew up' here. His friends are here. He visits all the time. He took £70k a week at Chelsea.
He would be a steal.
He would qualify as a homegrown player and can also play wide, something which may appeal to Mancini.
ah! the voice of insight - Danny boy has been in Mancini's sights for some time - the big clue was in February when David Silva said he was "the most skilful player in the league" in an interview on Sky.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Soulboy said:
supa-dapa-dan said:

He would be a steal.

Unfortunately Tolm, you and I may be in a minority on here who would be glad to see him back at City next season.

I've followed Sturridge's career closely since he was about 15. I have to admit he was an arse in his younger days. But I think he's grown up now and the undoubted talent he has could blossom under Mancini.

The cookie monster said:
Tolm whats your take on the dzeko situation is he going to stay or go?

Don't think even Dzeko knows that yet. Bayern are definitely tapping his camp up.

I think Edin is easy, either way. If Tevez stays, it complicates things for him and us as a club, in terms of trying to raise monies elsewhere towards purchases.

Dzeko's sister does live in Munich, so there are factors which I think might sway it, but Bayern won't get him on the cheap.

Soulboy said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Soulboy said:

He would be a steal.

Unfortunately Tolm, you and I may be in a minority on here who would be glad to see him back at City next season.

I've followed Sturridge's career closely since he was about 15. I have to admit he was an arse in his younger days. But I think he's grown up now and the undoubted talent he has could blossom under Mancini.
a growing minority tho'

Two questions from me TH;

If Sturridge came would this end speculation on RVP? Can't see how both would fit.

also;

With Martinez looking like a top target, what does this mean for Hererra? Lots of talk about him early in the transfer window.

Thanks a lot

Soulboy said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Soulboy said:

He would be a steal.

The lad is a quality player, with a lot of potential still to be realised. I think Mancini could be that man, same as he sees with Mario.

He is the perfect age and he has resisted all attempts to slate City as a club since he left.

Yes, he was an arse, when asking the earth, and he's a confident lad. I think he gives us a lot of options and I still remember that moment of skill to set up Robinho.

Sturridge is a no-brainer if he leaves Chelsea. His current wages (our sell-on clause), not too many top players of his age we can get for those figures.

I do have a big fear that United will see it as an opportunity to bring in a 'name' for moderate cost.

He is also the right age for them and Sturridge was always one they envied when in our youth ranks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.