It's quiet 10, no apologies! (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Inzi said:
any whispers of falcao?

Nope.

Mancini's comments that Cavani is too expensive perhaps gives an indication we will 'only' be shopping at below the £30m mark!

Doomed, I tell ya!

-- Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:56 am --

BibbyBlue85 said:
Watched Martinez right through Bilbao's Europa League run and thought he was class. Looking at some video's of him, he has more strings to his bow than i thought. As much as i love NDJ and Barry, Martinez is a definate upgrade on them both. Great reader of the game, tough tackler, fantastic in the air both defensively and when attacking and my god the lad can shift through the gears ala Yaya. Decent finish on him too, oh and a quality passer. Please please please sign on the dotted line Javi.

I have my lube and Kleenex ready

He will be better than Yaya one day IMO.

Certainly has everything in his locker to be better mate. Reminds me of a much quicker DDR

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Inzi said:
any whispers of falcao?

Nope.

Mancini's comments that Cavani is too expensive perhaps gives an indication we will 'only' be shopping at below the £30m mark!

Doomed, I tell ya!

BibbyBlue85 said:
Watched Martinez right through Bilbao's Europa League run and thought he was class. Looking at some video's of him, he has more strings to his bow than i thought. As much as i love NDJ and Barry, Martinez is a definate upgrade on them both. Great reader of the game, tough tackler, fantastic in the air both defensively and when attacking and my god the lad can shift through the gears ala Yaya. Decent finish on him too, oh and a quality passer. Please please please sign on the dotted line Javi.

This I'm sure of. Javi has three times... nay, make that four times the engine Yaya has. The kid never stops running.

I wonder though, what Martinez's arrival would mean to Nigel? Barry is safe, and will be for a couple of more years.

Matt the Giant said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Inzi said:
any whispers of falcao?

Nope.

Doomed, I tell ya!

BibbyBlue85 said:

This I'm sure of. Javi has three times... nay, make that four times the engine Yaya has. The kid never stops running.

Agreed, i hope we play him next to Yaya. Imagine being faced by those 2? Wow

Thanks for your insights, as always, TH.

Has there been any news on Bale, or an alternative to Hazard, or is it all about Martinez at the moment?

Sturridge could be added to the squad without the need to sell anyone simply because he would count as a homegrown player. If my viewing of his play is correct tends to operate wide right, so could in certain cases operate alongside Tevez and Aguero. The addition of Martinez would in my opinion provide that cover needed in the back four as well as allowing extra pair of legs in centre/defensive midfield. IMO the arrival of Martinez would not mean NDJ would leave it just strengthens an area we need over the course of a very long season.

Appreciate the updates and the direct responses.

It certainly wets the appetite for the summer and the season ahead.

Javi Martinez would be a great signing.

It really is a fantastic time to be a Blue. Enjoy, enjoy...

Rammyblues said:
Sturridge could be added to the squad without the need to sell anyone simply because he would count as a homegrown player. If my viewing of his play is correct tends to operate wide right, so could in certain cases operate alongside Tevez and Aguero. The addition of Martinez would in my opinion provide that cover needed in the back four as well as allowing extra pair of legs in centre/defensive midfield. IMO the arrival of Martinez would not mean NDJ would leave it just strengthens an area we need over the course of a very long season.
Well part of his downfall has been the fact he plays out wide - he wants to be centre forward.

I could see mancini signing him and playing him in a 442. I also think mancini would be the man to 'coach' him into a better player; i dont think he has been coached that much at chelsea - rather put into the squad and expected to perform.

I would love us to sign him, he has unfinished business at city, the environment would be perfect for him and i think mancini would be able to improve his attitude. I also reckon he is still fond of city so would be up for it. He spent a large part of his life here ffs, he'd still be here is hughes hadnt pissed him off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.