It's quiet 10, no apologies! (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NipHolmes

Neville Kneville said:
I wonder if these kids are thinking that Ferguson himself is likely to go, & therefore not falling for his pep talk.

If that's the case, the senior players may feel something similar, like they did last time his potential retirement became an issue.

Definately.

IMO Fergie will retire with his next premier league win. Players surely sense the club is going down-hill signing wise and club debt. Fergie is the only draw so if they are offered measly wages (in comparison to other offers) and they sense a bumpy road down the line then that's why they are off.

I hope and pray Rooney kicks off this coming season.

NipHolmes said:
Neville Kneville said:
I wonder if these kids are thinking that Ferguson himself is likely to go, & therefore not falling for his pep talk.

If that's the case, the senior players may feel something similar, like they did last time his potential retirement became an issue.

Definately.

IMO Fergie will retire with his next premier league win
. Players surely sense the club is going down-hill signing wise and club debt. Fergie is the only draw so if they are offered measly wages (in comparison to other offers) and they sense a bumpy road down the line then that's why they are off.

I hope and pray Rooney kicks off this coming season.

That could mean he's around for quite some time. I think there's a fair chance he'll be dead before his next Premier League win.

Neville Kneville said:

Absolutely. What good are assurances from a man about to retire?

BringBackSwales said:
tilbz said:
Great news Spanish Dave is very close to signing a new contract. He also states that city have offers in place for players that will improve the squad.

what exactly did he say concerning new players?

His quote was "The club are preparing offers for players to improve the squad. The project will be very ambitious."

I realise we have gone off on a tangent here, however, it does give serious pointers towards our own transfer power and potential.

It a generational thing which is coming to pass. The kids coming through now aren't star-struck or live-in-fear of someone like Ferguson.

Sure, they will respect him, but all they see now is an old man in charge of a football club that might win things, but won't pay them the going rate, won't be around long term.

That's why they go after players who are still grateful when United make admiring glances, like Powell, Jones and Smalling.

They may still be fooling plenty, but those players were secured because they are second or third best to what they were previously accustomed to cherry-picking.

United resemble the scene in the wonderful film Cinderella Man.

Braddock goes and visits his agent at his swanky New York apartment in the middle of the first Great Depression.

He enters an empty shell, all the furniture sold to keep up appearances.

Keep telling yourselves this. United fear what tomorrow has already brought them. Now they fear what the future holds.

And they will continue to lie, and compromise themselves to maintain appearances.

Danny Welbeck has been mugged-off on a new contract for over 12 months, despite a year left on it.

He now wants what he is worth, they don't want to pay it, but they will have no choice.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
I realise we have gone off on a tangent here, however, it does give serious pointers towards our own transfer power and potential.

It a generational thing which is coming to pass. The kids coming through now aren't star-struck or live-in-fear of someone like Ferguson.

Sure, they will respect him, but all they see now is an old man in charge of a football club that might win things, but won't pay them the going rate, won't be around long term.

That's why they go after players who are still grateful when United make admiring glances, like Powell, Jones and Smalling.

They may still be fooling plenty, but those players were secured because they are second or third best to what they were previously accustomed to cherry-picking.

Braddock goes and visits his agent at his swanky New York apartment in the middle of the first Great Depression.

Keep telling yourselves this. United fear what tomorrow has already brought them. Now they fear what the future holds.

And they will continue to lie, and compromise themselves to maintain appearances.

Danny Welbeck has been mugged-off on a new contract for over 12 months, despite a year left on it.

He now wants what he is worth, they don't want to pay it, but they will have no choice.

he's worth a bottle of paint stripper and a packet of hob nobs.

tolmie's hairdoo said:

This is one of the best posts I have ever read. Cheers tolmie for brightening up my day and weekend. I particularly like the 3rd paragraph.

tolmie's hairdoo said:

1tumblr_lgp6q5NhE21qcjtu8o1_500.gif

I do enjoy watching those cunts burn

So any idea when any bids will start going in tolm? I'm assuming bobby has agreed targe.ts etc with the owner and board when in Abu dhabi?

richards30 said:
So any idea when any bids will start going in tolm? I'm assuming bobby has agreed targe.ts etc with the owner and board when in Abu dhabi?

We play Arsenal in Beijing on July 27th, we will want to put it to bed before then if a deal can be done, but we won't deal at the prices quoted.

Marwood is the man doing the air miles, Spain and Italy continue to be his destinations.

Silva's camp have clearly been worded-up as part of their contract talks.

This should make us all very excited.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.