It's quiet 10, no apologies! (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We still need a winger, right?

Moura eyes Man United switch as Brazil ace expresses doubt over Sao Paulo future

By Ashley Gray

Lucas Moura has opened the door to a move to Manchester United after admitting he could have played his last match for Sao Paulo.

The Brazil midfielder has previously discouraged Chelsea and Real Madrid by insisting he would stay put until his home country hosts the World Cup in 2014.

But the 19-year-old admits 'much has changed', which will encourage United to fight with current front runners for his signature, Inter Milan.

'I cannot guarantee that I will stay until the end of my contract,' he said.

'Much has changed and the situation is not up to me any more.

'I know my father and my agent had a meeting (with Inter) but I don't know what was said. Now I will go to the Olympics with my mind only on winning a gold medal.'

Inter technical director Marco Branca and sporting director Piero Ausilio are believed to be the officials who held talks with Lucas's representatives on Friday.

The Italian giants are expected to submit an offer of about £20million this week - an improvement on their £15m bid in the winter.

But Chelsea have previously seen a £32.4m bid knocked back, with Sao Paulo insisting it would take 'crazy money' to tempt them. Inter hope his change in stance will drive the price down.

Chelsea and Real Madrid must decide whether to re-enter the race, having already planned their budgets around other targets this summer.

Both had left talks earlier this year with his entourage believing they were in the driving seat to strike a deal when Lucas did decide to leave Brazil.

Lucas told Estadao: 'You never know what can happen. I don't have a crazy desire to leave but, when the time comes, I will speak with my family and decide what is best for my future.

'When I go on the internet I see Inter, Real Madrid and I don't know who else, wanting to come for me with a truck load of money.

'Of course I think about it, but I can't let it go to my head. I'm very calm and down to earth about it. My job is to play football so that these clubs continue to be interested.'

Lucas's agent Wagner Ribeiro has a very close relationship with both Chelsea and Real Madrid, but has previously failed to place Robinho and Neymar at Stamford Bridge.

Inter see the playmaker as a successor to Wesley Sneijder, while they are also in Brazil to negotiate for Corinthians midfielder Paulinho.

Milan newspaper Gazzetta dello Sport reports they also want to be kept informed about Internacional midfielder Oscar, who is interesting Tottenham.

Read more: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2170869/Lucas-Moura-open-Manchester-United-switch.html#ixzz208mRmxBC" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z208mRmxBC</a>

Just like last year. The Sanchez deal fell through and someone better (Aguero) suddenly became available.

Come on, City! :)

samharris said:
sniff said:
samharris said:
£34 mill rebuffed by Chelsea... thats the rags out then.

That was before Santos wanted him out of the door....

If Chelsea really want him then I cant see the rags beating them money wise.

Santos, dont we mean Sao Paulo ? or are we talking about someone different ?

sniff said:
samharris said:

Eh? Do you mean Ganso? Lucas plays for Sao Paulo, but Ganso's time at Santos is rapidly coming to it's end, guy who owns 55% of player's rights saying that he'll never play for the club again.

When Sao Paolo rebuffed Chelsea, there was nothing public about Lucas not seeing out his contract.

Might take a bid in the region of Aguero's fee. Watched him the other night against Cruzeiro, he's a hell of a player. Makes Bale look slow and clumsy.

Joehannes said:
sniff said:
samharris said:

Eh? Do you mean Ganso? Lucas plays for Sao Paulo, but Ganso's time at Santos is rapidly coming to it's end, guy who owns 55% of player's rights saying that he'll never play for the club again.

Well he said Chelsea had a bid turned down , but now Santos want ganso gone.. so i assumed it was him he meant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.