It's quiet 10, no apologies! (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO if Kolo stays we don't need a centre back, how many do we need? If Mancini organises himself properly he has Richards who can play there along with Yaya who played centre back for Barca. Boyata I see played again out of position in friendly as a right back when really we should be using him as centre back, Rekik did OK.

Kompany
Lescott
Kolo
Boyata
Savic

Can play there

Richards
Yaya

Young kids
Rekik.

That is eight players for two positions. They might not all be world class in that position but surely that is down to Mancini to manage them properly.

Lescott had a great season but for me he's not a world class centre half. If we can get a centre half who defends really well but also brings the ball out of defence, and passes the ball well under presure it will be for me the single most influencial position that when adequately filled will move City to the next level.

Kolo, Boyata and Savic simply aren't good enough.

Vinny - World class
Joleon - Premier Lge quality

Kolo - ok but looks like he's leaving

Micah - Quality but even better at RB

Savic - unless he's improved hugely since last season, not good enough yet.
Boyata - not good enough.
Rekik - very young, unproven. Needs time out on loan to see how good he is.

I wouldn't want to rely on any of those last 3 in a Champs Lge game or against decent Prem opposition. Would you? 1-0 up against Spurs away & Lescott twists a knee... 30 mins to go. Who would you rather bring on? Rekik/Savic, or someone like Martinez/Hummels?...

I guess at the moment we'd put Micah there & have Zab at RB.

Definitely need one centre back, be it one of the highest quality (pushing Lescott into rotation role) or one we can always rely on (challenging Lescott but not necessarily taking his regular place). What we have isn't quite good enough if the going gets tough, when Kompany was out we looked shaky. Richards can easily be the fourth choice and Rekik fifth choice if Savic is being farmed out and Boyata is off too. If not for FFP, we'd have Thiago Silva now I reckon, Bobby loves him and has mentioned him all the time but said himself the club wouldn't pay the asking price.

LoveCity said:
Definitely need one centre back, be it one of the highest quality (pushing Lescott into rotation role) or one we can always rely on (challenging Lescott but not necessarily taking his regular place). What we have isn't quite good enough if the going gets tough, when Kompany was out we looked shaky. Richards can easily be the fourth choice and Rekik fifth choice if Savic is being farmed out and Boyata is off too. If not for FFP, we'd have Thiago Silva now I reckon, Bobby loves him and has mentioned him all the time but said himself the club wouldn't pay the asking price.
sage words from a man who knows his onions

LoveCity said:

Big mistake not signing Silva, which could come back to bite us on the arse if Kompany gets injured.

I'd like to know what happened with those talks that were had with Lewandowski's reps in Berlin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.