It's quiet 10, no apologies! (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soulboy said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Tevez City said:
I think Arsenal will sell RVP to the highest bidder,which means its a matter of time only and we will see him joining his old mates.

If you are correct, then Arsenal have nothing to lose in stretching this whole saga out throughout the window.

It's not as if Arsenal will spend the RVP money on new arrivals!

Van Persie's perceived transfer value right now is between £20m-£25m - exactly the same as Arsenal can recoup for securing Champions League football from one Prem campaign to the next.

Van Persie can only do so much in this whole stand-off.

Wenger was quite prepared to play Nasri in Arsenal's opening games last season, regardless of the fact he could have been seriously injured against Liverpool, kissing goodbye to £24m in the process.

For me, he has nothing to lose. They 'only' pay him £80k a week as it is.

They save themselves a bundle in not paying improved terms, and can possibly reconcile themselves Van Persie's value would be much lower next season, due to his age, if he was still under contract to them.

Call it currently £5m a year in wages, no more than a hypothetical £10m transfer value for a player approaching 30, next year.

Arsenal could easily justify holding him to his existing deal, there's a £10m profit margin, right there, in relation to him contributing to another top four finish this season.

It's by no means black and white, despite what we do.

Spot on Tolm.

Too many on here are giddy that the deal was agreed months ago, and the signing is imminent.

As I've stated on here today, if Arsenal decide to be cunts, then there's nothing City or RvP can do about it.

Many hurdles still to jump yet...

Nothing RVP can do about it ?

Players have all the power. If RVP is as big a **** as many on here say he is, and he wants to come to us, then it will happen.

Come on Marvin, it's pretty clear we want to sign RvP now, whether we get him is the question.

Marvin anybody?

they-see-me-rollin-they-see-me-rollin-turbo-bike-demotivational-poster-1247196287.jpg

I don't believe we'd be stupid enough to swop RVP for Dzeko or Tevez.

I accept we may have been monitoring RVP's situation, as until recently there was a real fear that Tevez would want away. Now the situation has changed.

None of you have any evidence that we have any real interest in RVP. Indeed Mancini and Tevez have said they are staying.

You can't back the story up other than by referring to Internet rumour and newspapers. Not the strongest of sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.