Status
Not open for further replies.
pudge said:
NipHolmes said:
pudge said:
Mancini's words would say otherwise

-- Aug 16th, '12, 16:34 --

But the club is clearly not "standing still"

Mancini has already said that the 352 wont be permanent so Savic won't play that often if at all.

Nobody picked up on Rodwell so that proves the club are moving along quietly, so you can't say we are "standing still"

That idiotic reasoning leads to the likes of you being labelled 'flappers'

What 'idiotic' reasoning have I provided?
The 'blip' spell when Yaya and Kolo were away? When Vinny was injured too?

We can play 442 352 433 what the fuck ever, we still need a CB and still need a CM.
And how do you know the club hasn't been trying to sign a CB or midfielder all summer?

Or isn't negotiating with players now?

Instead you say we are "standing still" based on the fact you are not privy to information within the club; idiotic reasoning.

If we don't sign a player then we are standing still, whether we have spent the summer negotiating or not. Unless we come home with the goods it makes no odds. It is hard to buy 'upgrades' to what we have and it is hard to attract top players that are happy where they are but still we must try and still we must win those challenges. If we dont we have same team and therefore we have stood still based on the team and based on the fact we haven't strengthened on our weak areas.

So far it has to be said this summer has been a failure, we're still lumbered with players who are surplus to requirements Bridge, Santa Cruz & Adebayor. Our most creative player still hasn't been handed a new contract, we've missed out on both Javi Martinez & Eden Hazard, yet we've signed Jack Rodwell, who all though a good player, is not someone we necessarily needed and stinks of Brian Marwood.

As Mancini said, if we wish to become a dominant force in this country we have to keep moving not stand still.

NipHolmes said:
pudge said:
NipHolmes said:
What 'idiotic' reasoning have I provided?
The 'blip' spell when Yaya and Kolo were away? When Vinny was injured too?

We can play 442 352 433 what the fuck ever, we still need a CB and still need a CM.
And how do you know the club hasn't been trying to sign a CB or midfielder all summer?

Instead you say we are "standing still" based on the fact you are not privy to information within the club; idiotic reasoning.

If we don't sign a player then we are standing still, whether we have spent the summer negotiating or not. Unless we come home with the goods it makes no odds. It is hard to buy 'upgrades' to what we have and it is hard to attract top players that are happy where they are but still we must try and still we must win those challenges. If we dont we have same team and therefore we have stood still based on the team and based on the fact we haven't strengthened on our weak areas.
So we need to sign a player every second, for us not to be standing still?

pudge said:
NipHolmes said:
pudge said:

So we need to sign a player every second, for us not to be standing still?
and not forgetting the other pearl 'if you don't believe we should be, you have little ambition'

The Goat 10 said:
So far it has to be said this summer has been a failure, we're still lumbered with players who are surplus to requirements Bridge, Santa Cruz & Adebayor. Our most creative player still hasn't been handed a new contract, we've missed out on both Javi Martinez & Eden Hazard, yet we've signed Jack Rodwell, who all though a good player, is not someone we necessarily needed and stinks of Brian Marwood.

As Mancini said, if we wish to become a dominant force in this country we have to keep moving not stand still.

While our squad has not been strengthed much buy purchases we have a few promising young players on the way through and the team will be far more cohesive than it was last year so we are stronger than we were last season even without major purchases.

I do think the money we had set aside for Hazard and RVP is going to get spent though.

NipHolmes said:
sniff said:
NipHolmes said:
Ok, United came second by GD did they not? Since then they move for RVP, Kagawa and Powell. The first 2 are genuinely world class imo.

We sign Rodwell and up and until now have no CB addition to play the 352 and provide depth in the CB area. Savic isn't up to the job and Kolo wants out by looks of it.

That is what I meant. They, alike the others I mentioned are moving forward and at present we haven't really made any strides hence what I wrote. Obviously we are moving else the stories of Agger and De Rossi wouldn't be so prevalent. Which in turn agrees with my point and disagrees with the 'we are fine as we are' argument.

United are not really taking a leap forward though are they, i keep hearing how they have improved so much and we stood still.

Thats a very flowery argument that United fans have been popping my way all summer.

Yeah they have bought a midfielder and a striker, now im no expert but they didnt struggle getting goals last season...They still have no decent fullbacks, so thats Valencia as Rightback cover then... A central defender who is 33 and almost a perma crock. Paul Scoles who is 37, and Giggs 38.

One inury and they are stuck with Jones or Smalling, and since that faild to work last why will it now...

Carrick the genius and Cleverly are hardly world class foil for a team taking on all fronts..

So how have they actualy made the team any stronger ?

They have Evans too btw,

I agree they needed to buy elsewhere. Modric would have been targeted instead of RVP but obviously Fergie saw it as too good an opportunity. Maybe he plays Rooney deeper like he did before Scholes re-signed?

Carrick is a decent player, not great but keeps them ticking. Clevinho is a player that will defo struggle now to get a game.

If fitness and injury aren't problems for them then they are good to go, if they get a knock to Vidic again or he isn't what he was then they are fucked. Baines, Modric/Fellaini would have been good purchases for Fergie.

Still no denying RVP and Kagawa are good purchases, for any club be it us or them or Chelsea. I think them having Scholes another season will mean they target a player next year instead? I just hope Evra is as bad, if not worse than he was last year. Woeful in many a game and his mouth write cheques his talent cant cash.

-- Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:45 pm --

oakiecokie said:
NipHolmes said:
Ok, United came second by GD did they not? Since then they move for RVP, Kagawa and Powell. The first 2 are genuinely world class imo.

We sign Rodwell and up and until now have no CB addition to play the 352 and provide depth in the CB area. Savic isn't up to the job and Kolo wants out by looks of it.

That is what I meant. They, alike the others I mentioned are moving forward and at present we haven't really made any strides hence what I wrote. Obviously we are moving else the stories of Agger and De Rossi wouldn't be so prevalent. Which in turn agrees with my point and disagrees with the 'we are fine as we are' argument.

Could you kindly show me how many people on here are "we are fine brigade ?" They must be very few and far between.

You can blow me sideways, not forgiven you and the rag jibes and witchunt.

Read any 'youre a flapper, we won the league and have the best team' post.

Witchunt and Rag jibes,you`ve not forgiven me ! WTF.Are you a man or a mouse.Not got very thick skin have you.If I`d been witchunting you,I assume that I would have been pulled up by a Mod. Mmmm.
We do have the best team,we won the league anjd yes I made those comments ! And your point being ?
Care to show me a post where I`ve stated that we do NOT need anyone else bringing in !!
And yep I`ve proved my point.You are a flapper ! Another 15 days left and you appear to be throwing a hissy fit because as things stand,only one player has been brought in.
So what !!
Think back to this time last year and remind us all on,when did Sergio and Samir arrive ??
I rest my case.

The Goat 10 said:

I believe scum barca and real are struggling to off load players surplus to requirements, we haven't really stood still if we are talking about the whole club, our most creative player is still under contract, and according to Platt we have been chasing Rodwell for 2 years.

pudge said:
oakiecokie said:
pudge said:

One of the problems I have with this poster mate is the fact he seems to be implying that because I call him a flapper,he is misunderstanding the meaning of the word in its context.
Flapping means "wants things done urgently,if not sooner". I can`t recollect anyone on here stating that we DO NOT require any new players in.On the contrary,we all know the problematic positions that need strengthening.
However there are still another 15 days left,so let the Club carry on.
Now,when did Sergio and Samir arrive last season ???
Enough said mate.
Agreed, conveniently the poster has seemingly looked over my post..

Backed into a corner and toys thrown everywhere mate. lol

This thread is just the full of fucking flappers.

If people thing our club are standing still then they are quite clearly not looking at the bigger picture. Every signing doesn't have to be 50mill. This isn't football manager. Just relax and let the club carry on doing things under the radar. We aren't being run by muppets anymore.

Inters sporting director Marco branca is in England to finalize deals for gio dos santos and NDJ.

Surely with Barry being injured this means something for us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.