Centre Back
Deep lying playmaker

Gk - Hart and Pants

Full backs - Clichy, Zaba, Richards and Kolarov

Centre Backs - Kompany, Lescott, Boyata and New signing

CM - Barry, Yaya, Milner, Rodwell, New signing and possibly De Jong

AM - Nasri, Silva, Sinclair

Strikers - Aguero, Dzeko, Balo and Tevez

Not sure if Rodwell and Boyata have to included in the 25 man squad there both 21.

Thats 23 players including Boyata and Rodwell

Rekik, Razak, Saurez and Guidetti could be used as squad players

That just shows though our squad isn't as big as many people think and without new signing we would only have 20 players and i've included Boyata, Rodwell and De Jong who I hope stays but it looks likely he is going.

Rammy Blue said:
i8rags said:
Rammy Blue said:
Nah mate, everyone's well aware that he's a big bonus. However we were definitely intending to spend over 30mil on Hazard so once that fell through I think most people thought and expected that we would still make at least 1 significant signing. De Rossi would have been 30mil or so as well.

Just seems our strategy has been a bit strange this window, meanwhile Chelsea just keep on spending and once they've signed a striker as well will be up at the 100mil level.
I get you point mate, but I believe if Hazard came, Nasri would of been shipped to the bench or out on loan, DDR would of replaced Nigel, if Edin was to go he would be replaced, these are players replaced by choice not necessity like Chelsea. There are no gaps at city just cover and some room for improvement in certain positions. If we can't fix these issues to our desire why bother.

We have 3 distinct weaknesses in the squad imo.

Winger with pace
Deep lying midfielder with decent passing ability
Top quality central defender

We have shown interest or bid on Hazard, De Rossi and Thiago Silva - all players of the top grade in those respective positions, each would have cost approx 30mil.

We may well end up with Sinclair, Rodwell and maybe Godin to cover those three positions.

See where I'm coming from?
Indeed, I think were not replacing were strengthening. I would love to get the DDR types but they ain't coming, it makes sense to me to get players in and keep what we've got. Until they can be replaced with quality.
I think we thought as champions players would have a desire to come but they don't. It would still appear our only attraction is wages above and beyond what others offer, FFP has put us on a even keel with our rivals and our attraction has lost some of it's flavour.
Take out the regulations and all the players we've gone for would of been in blue.

greasedupdeafguy said:
Player sold - A.Johnson
Santa Cruz
K.Toure
McGivern
Scapuzzi
Savic (loan)

Possibly M.Johnson, De Jong and Nielson

Players in - Sinclair
Centre Back
Deep lying playmaker

Gk - Hart and Pants

Not sure if Rodwell and Boyata have to included in the 25 man squad there both 21.

That just shows though our squad isn't as big as many people think and without new signing we would only have 20 players and i've included Boyata, Rodwell and De Jong who I hope stays but it looks likely he is going.

Sinclair would take on place

Please, when I started this squad list business off I did say that CL squad rules are different than prem rules. I also said IF Mancini wants players to be included in both the harder of the two rules to satisfy are the CL squad rules. My answers above relate really to them, yes we can have more players for prem league but if he signs a Cavani, Hummels, Isco, DDR, Agger they are not coming here only to play in the prem league but will expect to play in CL.

So before we sign any you have to see who will not be involved in CL and be content purely with prem league and whether Mancini wants to create a false divide amongst the players. From a man management point of view he will want to treat them all the same so the players feel they all have an equal chance of playing in all competitions.

squad.jpg

current squad

greasedupdeafguy said:
Player sold - A.Johnson
Santa Cruz
K.Toure
McGivern
Scapuzzi
Savic (loan)

Players in - Sinclair
Centre Back
Deep lying playmaker

Gk - Hart and Pants

Could never see Mancini only putting two goalkeepers in the squad.

ForzaMancini said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
Player sold - A.Johnson
Santa Cruz
K.Toure
McGivern
Scapuzzi
Savic (loan)

Players in - Sinclair
Centre Back
Deep lying playmaker

Gk - Hart and Pants

Could never see Mancini only putting two goalkeepers in the squad.
Johansen doesn't go in the squad .

Gk - Hart and Pants

You need three keepers for a start, Rodwell will be included Boyata not really important.

The easy way to do this 25 players, 4 of which must be club trained, so if you want to have full maximum 25 squad there must 4 four of these, if they are under 21 you don't need to include them because of the B lists (provided been at club three years)

So who in our squad count as club trained, there are potentially three, Richards Boyata and Johansen (3rd keeper)

Because we only have three club trained players the effect of that will be to limit the A list to just 24 players in total.

25 squad players minus 4 club trained means there are 21 other places up for grabs. If you do the maths we have 21 other type players on our books. The CL squad is full. Which is why I said if someone such as Cavani is to come in one of those players have to leave. It is that simple really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.