It's Quiet 16 - Txiki grinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think he trusts them much
I don’t think trust comes into it, Foden showed the pathway and the patience needed as well as the ability. Palmer looks to have seen that following that pathway is the way to go. Think he’s right. In the end though if we get 3 academy players playing regular first team football that will be a good result, I doubt we will ever see more than 3 or 4 becoming regulars.

I don’t think trust comes into it, Foden showed the pathway and the patience needed as well as the ability. Palmer looks to have seen that following that pathway is the way to go. Think he’s right. In the end though if we get 3 academy players playing regular first team football that will be a good result, I doubt we will ever see more than 3 or 4 becoming regulars.
McAtee is an age group lower, i think he'd have been moved into the same playing time as Palmer from nexdt season, but him/agent have pushed their luck a bit more than normal and moved him up a bit due to the contract situation.

Just hope the loan move/time they want works out and they sign up.

McAtee is an age group lower, i think he'd have been moved into the same playing time as Palmer from nexdt season, but him/agent have pushed their luck a bit more than normal and moved him up a bit due to the contract situation.

to be fair, his performances have also pushed him up a bit.

I think there is a bit of a stand off with the club not wanting him to go on loan until he signs a contract, and vice versa for Mcatee.
I think he’s also unfortunate in he’s trying to come through at the same time as Palmer in a position we are stacked in.
Hopefully he signs and we find him a good loan, maybe an 18 month one would benefit him more than coming back next summer and trying to get minutes.

Pep said we wouldn’t sign a striker in January but maybe we could chance a cheap deal on someone like kamara or zakaria? Both their clubs would need money rather than lose on a free?

A year before their contracts expire, possibly. Once it gets to the final 6 months, you rarely see players sold, they most often move on a free. Whatever fee they would recoup to not lose players for free often isnt worth what it takes to replace the player, or do it in a short January window when other clubs are reluctant to let players go, or ask for higher transfer fees. Add to that the fact that by that point the players themselves are happy to see out their contract and take a signing on bonus in the summer when they have more time and options to pick out their next move. And why would buying clubs spend money on fees when they can agree a pre-contract with the player and have them join in the summer on a free.

I'm not saying we don't or won't do January transfers. Just that the type of moves you are suggesting, for players into the final half a season, are not that common.

I don’t think he trusts them much
I’m not sure it comes down to trust
Some of the young players are undoubtedly talented some are not good enough
However we have a squad full of internationals who all want to play
Someone like Jesus may well be happy to play second fiddle to say Sterling or Mahrez however if McAtee starts getting in before him he will be off
They all need game time it’s just difficult to find the minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.