It's Quiet 16 - Txiki grinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting that we accept a deferred payment on Torres knowing this and their current issues. By doing so we are working within FFP in a way that many clubs can’t. Our owners are very shrewd.
I assume for accounting purposes it goes in this year anyway, on paper its accounted for and goes into whatever pot next regardless.

Haaland and Bellingham would be the ultimate summer wouldn’t it.
Bellingham is a bit overrated. his skills are not suited for a pep team. he would be better with some other coach. liverpool seems like the best suit for him

I wouldn't be surprised if we effectively write it off
I would say its basically impossible to write that off, since you can only do that if its deemed to be impossible or unlikely we will ever see these money. Which could have been likely if we had not just agreed to sell another asset to the same club which I assume is another "get the player now, pay later" kind of deal. I assume our business people know what they are doing, but its a dangerous game giving a credit line to the club in the biggest financial mess the world of football has ever seen. Could come down to haunt us in the future if Barca go bankrupt (yes its unlikely) before they have paid us, since we would then have to count the fee as a loss in the books.

Clubs should have a time limit on paying back transfers it’s ridiculous that a club like Barcelona have not paid off 1.5m from 8 years ago while they keep buying players.

FFP hey what a load of Bollocks.
Every deal has its time limits, Barca have obviously just refused to pay and City have for some reason not felt the need to do anything about it until this point in time.
My guess is because of some risk of us having to write it off as a loss as its obviously some kind of dispute and its not always certain a court (or in whatever authority these kind of disputes are settled) would rule in our favor even if we think we are right. A write off would have a negative effect in our efforts to balance the books within FFP, which is usually down to a pretty tight margin. So it seems reasonable the club did not want to make a big fuss about it until an auditor would actually question if this really was a fee we could expect to ever receive, or if this should be a write off.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.