It's Quiet 16 - Txiki grinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
CDM is not a position in a Pep team that you half arse with a 30 to 40 million player that may be able to have qualities to play the role.

CDM is the most important part to Peps gameplan it's where possession is recycled and where most of our attacks start. Rodri is the lynch pin to what gives us control. It's why teams target him so much he's the link between defence to attack

You want a "Back up" in that position to slot in straight away and do the Job Rodri does. You won't find one for a cheap price. With similar qualities to Rodri. Frenkie de Jong maybe but does he have the physical attributes that Rice has.

Plus with Rice you are not just buying a CDM, he seems to have been playing more box to box this season adding goals to his game.

80 to 90 mil would be a bargain for what we would gain in the long run.
that's crazy, i'm sorry. you want to pay 90m for a fucking backup CDM, I don't know how to respond to this seriously, it's such a wild argument. You've played too much fm mate.

that's crazy, i'm sorry. you want to pay 90m for a fucking backup CDM, I don't know how to respond to this seriously, it's such a wild argument. You've played too much fm mate.
Why does it have to be "backup" CDM. He could join in the summer and Pep will decide that Rice is first choice. Rice might be twice the player Rodri is in our system, who knows.

I don’t know who we will get, I would be very surprised if its either Rice or De Jong though. I doubt myself we would pay anywhere near £90 mill. Not in a year we are hoping to spend on a striker plus fees. I expect Rice to go to Chelsea and De Jong to stay where he is. Who knows though.

I don’t know who we will get, I would be very surprised if its either Rice or De Jong though. I doubt myself we would pay anywhere near £90 mill. Not in a year we are hoping to spend on a striker plus fees. I expect Rice to go to Chelsea and De Jong to stay where he is. Who knows though.
But we planned to spend same if not more on Grealish + Kane, no? We’re financially even better positioned for investments next summer

He’s not just CDM. that’s my point Rice can play CDM but has added goals to his game as well. he’s the heart of West Ham’s midfield. He could play CDM for us or he could play as a 8 Etc

It’s not crazy when we just spent 100 mil on Grealish for a position where we were stacked in. Just because Pep wanted him. this was the same argument a lot of people on here brought up in the summer that we don’t need Grealish. But Pep wanted him and City payed the price.

If Pep wants Rice the club will get Rice. Pep wanted Grealish Pep got Grealish.

And yet he fucked about with it in the Champions League final, I still can't believe he did that.

Because both of them didn't work against chelsea back then and very poor form in case of rodri towards the end of season leading him to be dropped in final.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.