It's Quiet 16 - Txiki grinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a long time lurker surely it's obvious why a poster won't give a direct indication of source. For one they're not going to betray the identity of someone who trusts them. Two there is every chance someone with a lower post count could be a journo looking for a scoop. Call me a cynic but yeah...

Going back into the dark pit of lurking

Tolmie's story is a bit more complicated than that and I'm surprised more don't remember it. The whole Youtube video thing didn't always exist, he just used to come on and post what's going on in clear as day English. Unfortunately at some point it became clear that the club had an eye on this and started to feed bad info to different people to root stuff out - this even made it into the press itself and I vaguely recall that the club targeted the forum in some way (but I can't recall the specifics, it was something to do with a certain transfer thread, Ric might be able to correct, I might have just made this up). This was around Mancini era before the Barca boys. Then when they came in, Soriano instituted a root and branch review of information security procedures at the club which were pretty lacking previously - something he also did at Barcelona.
At some point he decided that the best thing to do was to post something a bit more cryptic that he could later go back and explain after the events which he used to do. This then became a bit of a fun game where everybody enjoyed trying to work out what each video meant and it sort of carried on from there.

Here's what his posts used to look like:

We are now firmly in the mix for Glenn Johnson, having only asked for updates up until Sunday night.

We have since offered to include Benjani on top of any fee- we still owe £3.5m based on future appearances (ones he certainly won't be afforded in a City shirt)

There is no actual fee, only that we will match cash offers - currently £18m from Liverpool and Chelsea.

Johnson is now into a serious rethink, having initially counted us out.

Tevez is a City player in all but name - we have a five year agreement in principle - money is closer to Robbie's than previous speculation led everyone to believe.

City expect to announce a formal verbal statement by Friday.

Re Samuel Eto'o. City have entered into an agreement of mutual understanding with both the player's solicitor and Barca.

The solicitor is flying into London on Friday. Eto'o is awaiting to agree a loyalty payment of £1m loyalty payment due to him from Barca, as part of his contract to reward Champs success.

Barca quoted City last week £26m for Yaya Toure, a real interest was declared by Hughes, hence the new contract offer by Barca to Toure was derisory.

The only speculative part of the info given to me, Kolo is crucial to this deal going forward,

Johnson later moved to Liverpool for £18.5m, a week or two after the Guardian reported an official Eto'o bid which later fell apart because Eto'o hiked his signing on demands , Tevez and Yaya both signed. In fact when all the journos were quoting Tevez at £25m, Tolm above here had it "closer to Robbie [Robinho]" who came in at £33m. Tevez was eventually discovered to have cost £35m with a £12m payoff for a total £47m.

It must be weird for new posters to come on and see some oddly cryptic Youtube music videos from the 1980s and much of the forum hanging on the words of someone but he has earned that reputation over years of posting. He hasn't got everything right and he'll be the first to admit it; some stuff he's had right then something happened behind the scenes that made him look wrong then it later came out he was right all along. Koubailly and Alves spring to mind. Other stuff he's just got flatly wrong. Much much much much stuff people have just completely misinterpreted and not read what he has said. Yesterday he said "Haaland said yes" which people have took to mean "Haaland is definitely signing in the summer" and that is absolutely not the same thing. It could mean Haaland agrees to his deal verbally and he's happy to come but in two weeks time, Madrid make him a better offer and he signs for them instead. Then people will come and witchhunt him for saying something he never said because they imagined he said more than he did. I've been on here for over a decade watching this happen to him, every single season, every single window. He's often accused of confirming things too early and maybe there's some truth in that, let's not forget that he's a very hardcore City fan and he's going to let his excitement shine through on occasion, but 99% of the criticism on that you can look up his posts and see that he never said what people say he said and it was in fact they who got carried away.
I'm not an idiot and I know how the "ITK" game works. There's plenty of bullshit merchants online and some of them are very good bullshit merchants who have somehow built a reputation for accuracy despite me knowing 100% that they are totally bullshit merchants. Tolmie isn't like that, when he posts stuff then I tend to pay attention because I know he's a good bloke and that he's heard a whisper somewhere. I feel like people who were around before the Youtube thing do tend to trust him a lot more than after because they didn't/don't know that there's a legit reason for that and he wasn't just messing people about.

Tolmie's story is a bit more complicated than that and I'm surprised more don't remember it. The whole Youtube video thing didn't always exist, he just used to come on and post what's going on in clear as day English. Unfortunately at some point it became clear that the club had an eye on this and started to feed bad info to different people to root stuff out - this even made it into the press itself and I vaguely recall that the club targeted the forum in some way (but I can't recall the specifics, it was something to do with a certain transfer thread, Ric might be able to correct, I might have just made this up). This was around Mancini era before the Barca boys. Then when they came in, Soriano instituted a root and branch review of information security procedures at the club which were pretty lacking previously - something he also did at Barcelona.
At some point he decided that the best thing to do was to post something a bit more cryptic that he could later go back and explain after the events which he used to do. This then became a bit of a fun game where everybody enjoyed trying to work out what each video meant and it sort of carried on from there.

Here's what his posts used to look like:

Johnson later moved to Liverpool for £18.5m, a week or two after the Guardian reported an official Eto'o bid which later fell apart because Eto'o hiked his signing on demands , Tevez and Yaya both signed. In fact when all the journos were quoting Tevez at £25m, Tolm above here had it "closer to Robbie [Robinho]" who came in at £33m. Tevez was eventually discovered to have cost £35m with a £12m payoff for a total £47m.

It must be weird for new posters to come on and see some oddly cryptic Youtube music videos from the 1980s and much of the forum hanging on the words of someone but he has earned that reputation over years of posting. He hasn't got everything right and he'll be the first to admit it; some stuff he's had right then something happened behind the scenes that made him look wrong then it later came out he was right all along. Koubailly and Alves spring to mind. Other stuff he's just got flatly wrong. Much much much much stuff people have just completely misinterpreted and not read what he has said. Yesterday he said "Haaland said yes" which people have took to mean "Haaland is definitely signing in the summer" and that is absolutely not the same thing. It could mean Haaland agrees to his deal verbally and he's happy to come but in two weeks time, Madrid make him a better offer and he signs for them instead. Then people will come and witchhunt him for saying something he never said because they imagined he said more than he did. I've been on here for over a decade watching this happen to him, every single season, every single window. He's often accused of confirming things too early and maybe there's some truth in that, let's not forget that he's a very hardcore City fan and he's going to let his excitement shine through on occasion, but 99% of the criticism on that you can look up his posts and see that he never said what people say he said and it was in fact they who got carried away.
I'm not an idiot and I know how the "ITK" game works. There's plenty of bullshit merchants online and some of them are very good bullshit merchants who have somehow built a reputation for accuracy despite me knowing 100% that they are totally bullshit merchants. Tolmie isn't like that, when he posts stuff then I tend to pay attention because I know he's a good bloke and that he's heard a whisper somewhere. I feel like people who were around before the Youtube thing do tend to trust him a lot more than after because they didn't/don't know that there's a legit reason for that and he wasn't just messing people about.
I blame you mods for allowing so many not-rights onto the board. :-)

Ah-Up. Back in my day there were an ITK on every street corner. Proper workin men they were but fine ITKs. Britain's finest.
You didn't just go on the internet for your ITK bollocks, then! You had to walk four mile up frosty hill to pick up a tin of beans connected to a string connected to an unknown address, to be told Kinkladze had signed for Blur as a temporary bassist

If we didn't allow not-rights, arseholes and people of questionable repute onto the forum then there would only be six people here and five of them would be BannedTosspot's alt accounts.
Hmmm, after careful consideration I’m going to put myself in C - person of questionable repute.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.