It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Well done Tolmie..I did the same..then after six months out of the blue the mrs. wants a divorce..menopause or maybe met someone , do not know. 25 years of marriage down the shitter..living with my 95/93 year parents in Congleton..two weeks after moving here found a mass in my abdomen.. have a nephew who is a surgeon at Whiston Hospital who has managed to get me seen rapidly..having a colonoscopy/biopsy today as the scan showed a large mass. Funny thing is that I hate scousers footy fans, but the people at the hospital who I can barely undertand are so kind.. not true scousers though !! well off to the hospital shortly.. bless you all blues.
Well, Bert, I’ll say this in your darkest of times, my big brother, along with my old man, is one of my heroes, I don’t tell him often enough and I’ve been fortunate, because of them to do ok in life, they’re the humblest of blokes, real old school individuals who retain what many have forgotten, family is the core of who we are, his kids and him won’t have to worry, im rambling but my point is be around those who give you strength, that extra 10% is the difference, meet it head on and draw on those individuals in your life…. Stay strong, brother and all the best for this fight you can win, believe that x

Where you got that from?

Quick look on whoscored shows he has 10 starts in the Prem and 3 in the champions league

The only players who have played less minutes this season for is Ferran Torres...... he ranks lowest for both the Prem (970 mins from 3420 max) and the Champions League (322 from 1080) in our squad (excluding youth like Palmer, McAtee or the back-up keepers)

He's down as 14 in the league and 27 in all. Appearences, not starts

Well I totally agree we shouldn't be getting rid of him, I think he is a cracking player mate. But tbh he's not a kid, He's a 27 year old Dutch international who we bought for £40m. Playing less than half of games (including sub appearances) is limited in anyone's language for a player of that profile imo. I saw another post saying he is the second lowest outfield player in minutes played this season as well.

I didn't say he was a kid. I agree he is a cracking player, that has had sone bug big performances for us (not numerous but solid when needed), that no kid could have put in. The whole premise of my response was to a poster that clained we can easily replace him with someone from the academy. We can't. He is a 40m dutch international for a reason, he is good. And he had a role, and has filled it well.

IF he wants more playing time, wish him well and dount the club would stand in his way. But he would cost as much to replace, woth someone that will need time to adapt and will also have to settle for playing in up to half the games.

Well done Tolmie..I did the same..then after six months out of the blue the mrs. wants a divorce..menopause or maybe met someone , do not know. 25 years of marriage down the shitter..living with my 95/93 year parents in Congleton..two weeks after moving here found a mass in my abdomen.. have a nephew who is a surgeon at Whiston Hospital who has managed to get me seen rapidly..having a colonoscopy/biopsy today as the scan showed a large mass. Funny thing is that I hate scousers footy fans, but the people at the hospital who I can barely undertand are so kind.. not true scousers though !! well off to the hospital shortly.. bless you all blues.
Stay strong mate. Hope all goes well for you in the future.

Well, Bert, I’ll say this in your darkest of times, my big brother, along with my old man, is one of my heroes, I don’t tell him often enough and I’ve been fortunate, because of them to do ok in life, they’re the humblest of blokes, real old school individuals who retain what many have forgotten, family is the core of who we are, his kids and him won’t have to worry, im rambling but my point is be around those who give you strength, that extra 10% is the difference, meet it head on and draw on those individuals in your life…. Stay strong, brother and all the best for this fight you can win, believe that x
Very nice post. Although we could have been doing with a cheesy YouTube video to set the tone :-)

I didn't say he was a kid. I agree he is a cracking player, that has had sone bug big performances for us (not numerous but solid when needed), that no kid could have put in. The whole premise of my response was to a poster that clained we can easily replace him with someone from the academy. We can't. He is a 40m dutch international for a reason, he is good. And he had a role, and has filled it well.

IF he wants more playing time, wish him well and dount the club would stand in his way. But he would cost as much to replace, woth someone that will need time to adapt and will also have to settle for playing in up to half the games.
Well, the very premise of my response to you was that less than half of games IS limited, but you've ditched that part for some reason, particularly when other have pointed out he's the second least amount of time on the pitch in the squad. That's was my point. And the figures back it up.

On everything else I actually agree with you

Never had you down as a big softie….. great post btw

Well, the very premise of my response to you was that less than half of games IS limited, but you've ditched that part for some reason, particularly when other have pointed out he's the second least amount of time on the pitch in the squad. That's was my point. And the figures back it up.

On everything else I actually agree with you

Because I already said I disagree, didn't think I needed to go in circles.Half our games is a decent amount for a player so many co sider disposable and i significant. We do agree on the rest.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.