It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

It’s such a bizarre feeling to have the big signing done and dusted and now just be working through the nice to haves. Usually the other way round. The transfer forum is a lot more relaxed this summer. Phillips abs Cucerella would be the cherry on top.

Also none of our rivals are chasing any particularly daunting signings. A pep extension is THE next big signing for us.
The vibe around the club has maybe never been better, Sad that bernie might leave but it is what is, don’t really mind Sterling and Jesus leaving. Hopefully we just give pep a big extension so that we don’t need to have this convo every year give the man a contract to 2027. The young players we are bringing in is great aswell, screams out we have a long term project for the next decade

We have yet to spend all the money we sold in oil this year haha :)
Ferran 55, Jesus 50, Porro 8, Bazunu 12, Ikatura 6 is 130m alone... then we have Herrera which is guaranteed sale. Could reach 150m without even selling Sterling or Bernardo which is a massive sales budget. One of our biggest ever in a year?

Far too many exits on the horizon for my liking. Zinchenko, Raheem, Jesus. Then players in their last year being Gundogan and Mahrez, and Bernardo's situation being unclear.

It's also interesting that it seems like we are signing a LB to upgrade on Zinchenko. Rather than replacing a certain french LB.
With Ake as additional cover for LB. And Stones covering RB. Risky move....as it leaves us vulnerable if we have a similar defensive injury crisis we had at the end of last season.

If Bernie goes would we actually need Philips… just asking as I’m sure FDJ could play that role
yeah you right Frenkie could probably do that double pivot job we see bernardo do when he plays with rodri. He is arguably even more specialized at that but Bernie is better attacking wise bc he originally played much more offensive. 93.20blueo said we were in for him not sure if him and Jude is the ones we are looking at to replace Bernardo or maybe one is for gundo and the other for bernie

Far too many exits on the horizon for my liking. Zinchenko, Raheem, Jesus. Then players in their last year being Gundogan and Mahrez, and Bernardo's situation being unclear.
It’s just the natural cycle. Even though players come and go each year, there will always be a couple of summers where a large part of the squad is rotated. We had this in the mid-2010s too in preparation for Pep’s arrival & when he came in.

He gets first team football just now. And wins trophies.

We haven't won a trophy under Pep, without Zinchenko playing big stretches and a big part at crycial times in the season.
Fair point. However, maybe he wants to start a lot more games in his preferred position? That said, he fought to stay last time and he might do the same again. He seems happy playing his role as not a starter in our best 11, but he's a crucial player for Pep as he is adaptable and can be trusted (yes, before anyone says it, I do remember the West Ham game).

Cucurella/Cancelo for LB, Walker/Cancelo for RB. It seems mad that a player as talented as Cancelo, coming off multiple Team of the Year appearances, could possibly not be in the 'strongest' XI next year. Pep will probably rotate a lot with the fullbacks but I wonder if that role would be enough for Cancelo?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.