It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

I agree wholeheartedly Bernardo cannot and will not leave the English Champions when Raz and Gabby can. Zinners is needed as a full back with us and will be upgraded so best he shoots too where he have more chance playing midfield than he will for us. Just not strong enough defensively when playing in a 4 at the back.

Probably why we want a left back. But don't you think Pep and Txiki and the coaches have sat down and planned all this and ran through all the scenarios. Or will they just be winging it this summer.

I would expect they have no doubt planned a lot of things however if they planned on selling both with no replacement, I can understand their logic but not agree with it. Of course they are successfully running a great football team and I am not. They are also privy to budgets, player availability etc which we are not. I have no doubt they will take whichever course of action they think best.

This coming season will be gruelling so I think every team will have their squad depth tested. Ours was found wanting at times, the addition of 2 forwards, a left back and a defensive midfielder while losing 2 forwards, a defensive midfielder and at least 1 left back puts us at par but I think we’ll be a winger short.

I would expect they have no doubt planned a lot of things however if they planned on selling both with no replacement, I can understand their logic but not agree with it. Of course they are successfully running a great football team and I am not. They are also privy to budgets, player availability etc which we are not. I have no doubt they will take whichever course of action they think best.

This coming season will be gruelling so I think every team will have their squad depth tested. Ours was found wanting at times, the addition of 2 forwards, a left back and a defensive midfielder while losing 2 forwards, a defensive midfielder and at least 1 left back puts us at par but I think we’ll be a winger short.
Considering our youth players I’ll have to disagree as Palmer is Mint and mcatee will be used more

Considering our youth players I’ll have to disagree as Palmer is Mint and mcatee will be used more
We won’t be winning four trophies or the 2 main ones with two academy players replacing established seasoned winning international players
These young player have barely played any first team games yet
Palmer and McAtee can be filtered in and play more next season maybe 15/20 games they deserve a chance but expecting them to replace Jesus and Sterling in a title chasing team I can’t understand that logic
Furthermore it remains to be seen how Alvarez settles and adapts

I don't think McAtee and Palmer are replacing Jesus and Sterling; Haaland and Alvarez are replacing those two outgoing players. We are still going to have Grealish, Mahrez, Foden, Alvarez and Palmer who can play in the wide positions. Considering our biggest "weakness" last year was being clinical, my personal opinion is that the squad in attacking areas looks stronger for next season.

We won’t be winning four trophies or the 2 main ones with two academy players replacing established seasoned winning international players
Palmer and McAtee can be filtered in and play more next season maybe 15/20 games they deserve a chance but expecting them to replace Jesus and Sterling in a title chasing team I can’t understand that logic
Plenty said we wouldn't win the league last year without a striker, some even predited a top 4 fight. They were wrong too.

Correct, they’ll be eased in over time like Foden,some posters on here are just clueless, you don’t replace the goals and talent of two proven seasoned quality players with potential not matter how promising they are

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.