It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

I’m happy with not signing a forward player this summer if pep is confident that Palmer and Mcatee are ready.

What’s the point in us having this unbelievable academy if we don’t ever give the players the chance?

Grealish, foden, mahrez, Haaland and Alvarez with palmer and mcatee backing them up is good enough.
If it turns out we are lacking something then we will have big money next summer to fix the problem and we can do it knowing we have given the kids chance to impress.

Personally from watching Mcatee and palmer in the EDS they are very very good finishers, I suspect this is something peps looking for.

you seems to bought the propaganda about what I said, when I have said nothing of what you are accusing me of. besides if you believe pep is lying every single time(not once or twice) to the media then welcome to the band of the deluded.

Don't think I've accused you of anything, I said "if".

My main point was that all managers, to a greater or lesser degree, spin things and indulge in obfuscation.

No one is suggesting Pep sits there every week and reels off a litany of lies; it's part of his job to manage the messages.

Yeah, it'll never happen by would be a great addition i think. Home grown as well.

depends if raz does go it could be a very astute signing imo as he seems to have lost his way but pep could defo get him back going again? Mahrez isnt getting any younger either and when raz going another homegrown player would be beneficial.

I’m happy with not signing a forward player this summer if pep is confident that Palmer and Mcatee are ready.

What’s the point in us having this unbelievable academy if we don’t ever give the players the chance?

Grealish, foden, mahrez, Haaland and Alvarez with palmer and mcatee backing them up is good enough.
If it turns out we are lacking something then we will have big money next summer to fix the problem and we can do it knowing we have given the kids chance to impress.

Personally from watching Mcatee and palmer in the EDS they are very very good finishers, I suspect this is something peps looking for.

McAtee is very very raw. Palmer naturally looks more of a realistic candidate to slot into the first team.

However, Haaland/Alvarez/Grealish/Foden/Palmer still looks one player short to me.

You need to replace Sterling with a player with a mixture Pace and technical ability. Or you get found out. If you have wingers with the same attributes including academy graduates you are easy to defend. Not at the start but teams will work you out. Its why most of the dangerous wide players in the league have a mix of technical ability and pace.

Sterling no matter his form strikes fear into a full backs due to his searing pace. Palmer can come in and replace him but he's got the same qualities and attributes as Mahrez.

You need something different. In different games. Against a parked bus you need technical wingers, against a high line you need searing pace to take advantage of the high line.

We can cope far better with Jesus and Sterling leaving rather than Bernardo. Bernardo is irreplaceable at the moment unless Bellingham suddenly becomes available.

As for not replacing Sterling and Jesus, I think this is a mistake in that we’ll lose their work rate and their ability to stretch teams. Apart from Foden every one of our wide players has a natural tendency to cut inside. It could make us a little easier to defend against. However we can probably get by without them if Alvarez settles and Palmer steps up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.