It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Don’t think it means he would have still signed though, doubt he is leaving for money.
Yeh not saying that he doesn't strike me as that sort of guy but still big money... also since they want raphina also he's gonna be their no.9- could either be a masterstroke or disaster w/ a lot of pressure on him

Yeh not saying that he doesn't strike me as that sort of guy but still big money... also since they want raphina also he's gonna be their no.9- could either be a masterstroke or disaster w/ a lot of pressure on him
True there probably would be massive pressure on Jesus because he would be there main striker. Hopefully he does well for them except when he plays us. I also think Arteta would have massive pressure. They spent a lot last summer and it seems they are spending this summer, if they don’t get top 4 he might get sacked.

Agree on our approach the last few years but that type of goal which sterling created will become more of a common factor next year, and not necessarily for the obvious Haaland, Pep is so imaginative with decoy runs and the chaos, coupled with presence Haaland will bring, will see overloads in and around the 6 yard box, much like Gundogan loves to do!
Although it's nice to have a pacey winger to do what Sterling did (and not taking anything away from his cross to Gundogan), what really is needed is just a bit of time and space to put in a cross and it can be done in different ways.

When you look at that goal against Villa, KDB was actually in the box because of the lack of a striker. So now instead he'll be out wide delivering crosses. This is done is by Mahrez drawing the FB out putting in a cross himself or playing a perfectly timed pass back to KDB in a good position to deliver his cross first time. It also can be achieved by KDB making an underlapping run toward the byline. Again this disappeared this year because Kev needed to be in the box because the lack of striker. That along with Cancelo overlapping can add to the ways to find width.

But for every 1 of those types of goal we score, we score 15 others were a player makes an inside run and squares it along to floor for a tap in.

That’s our preferred way of creating chances.

Using one example just because it was an important goal is not gonna change that.

There are plenty of different ways to score a goal.

I agree. But would you rather have 4 wide players who cut inside onto their favourite foot or have 3 of those plus 1 that is two footed?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.