It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

What happened?

He was a good poster with a decent take.
He decided to start dragging others (like myself) into arguments he was having with others for no reason. You were never allowed an opinion on a player because he had several sources across all leagues in world football and had seen every minute of every game that you could ever remember. Added nothing to this forum imo except arguments.

wouldnt be a new city type of signing though would he?
I think he is, very talented with experience at the top level despite his young age. Gone a bit stale at Atletico but he should never have gone there.

If the finances with Jesus and Sterling leaving are possible then I would love to see him join.

He decided to start dragging others (like myself) into arguments he was having with others for no reason. You were never allowed an opinion on a player because he had several sources across all leagues in world football and had seen every minute of every game that you could ever remember. Added nothing to this forum imo except arguments.
Best thing I ever did was put him on ignore not long after he joined. Arrogant, condescending and incredibly narrow minded. Good riddance.

Best thing I ever did was put him on ignore not long after he joined. Arrogant, condescending and incredibly narrow minded. Good riddance.
I had him on ignore and he knew it. Yet he would still talk about me and tag me in posts. Very unusual behavior and perhaps a break from the forum is what he needed, it seemed like he was on here 24hrs a day and thats no good for anyone!

He was far too abrasive at times though, bordering on abusive. He was always going to get it given back, nature of the the way he posted. Plenty of times even myself where he drew me in with his tone, but then I’d step back as knew where it’d end up. Decent poster in the main but you’ve got to be able to appreciate how this place works in order to stick around.

I've been on here since 2008 and still struggle to appreciate how it works ;)

I just think some people saw his authoritative style of posting, with so little time served, as condescending.

There are nuances of the English language that even many Americans struggle to twig, like irony and sarcasm?

He bit back perhaps because he felt he was being singled-out, but I think the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

Some maybe didn't like a foreign fan with forthright opinions, others because they could see he would bite.

I mean, if we are talking abrasive, Gus was nothing in comparison to my bro Zin and @SWP's back ;)

I think he is, very talented with experience at the top level despite his young age. Gone a bit stale at Atletico but he should never have gone there.

If the finances with Jesus and Sterling leaving are possible then I would love to see him join.
Absolutely

I agree that Felix would be far more exciting. But TH thinks that signing him isn’t happening since that would only happen if we’d swap him with Bernardo.

What we’re talking about now is the mystery ”bigger than Felix” player that we’re working on in case Sterling leaves as well.

He actually sent me a PM to say thank you and was deleting his account.

Gus had a good insight about the wider game and working in the media.

I felt his written English was superb, but perhaps some things he got lost in translation, and there were some who seemed to enjoy getting the rise out of him.

I've taken breaks from this place in years gone by when this forum could get to you, and would hope he reconsiders at some point in the future.

We are all Blues, and at least he knew the difference between there and fucking their!!

Not enough of those posters about on here ;)
Here here

;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.