It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

I know that. What i meant was signing those 16 yeard lads. We brought delap as 15 yo from county for a free transfer. I was talking about something like that.
yeah of course that is happening all the time and often won't even be reported. We may well have already signed a couple of 14 year olds from Oldham or Barnsley or somewhere.

Additionally, I would not at all be surprised to see us move away from signing so many 15 year olds and focus on developing the kids from the younger age groups. They are the ones who, IMO, are the most likely to make the team, and the most likely to care about the team, and be most willing to bide time and earn a spot, like Foden and Palmer. McAtee looks like the next in line, not Edozie, Delap, Bobb or Lavia.

Players who join at 15 are generally here solely for personal development and are much quicker to jump at the promise of first team opportunities elsewhere. See Sancho, Matondo, Brahim etc.

I reckon we will sign players like that for sister clubs and as loanees but I think we'll start to see fewer of them in the u18s and EDS over the next few years.

yeah of course that is happening all the time and often won't even be reported. We may well have already signed a couple of 14 year olds from Oldham or Barnsley or somewhere.

Additionally, I would not at all be surprised to see us move away from signing so many 15 year olds and focus on developing the kids from the younger age groups. They are the ones who, IMO, are the most likely to make the team, and the most likely to care about the team, and be most willing to bide time and earn a spot, like Foden and Palmer. McAtee looks like the next in line, not Edozie, Delap, Bobb or Lavia.

Players who join at 15 are generally here solely for personal development and are much quicker to jump at the promise of first team opportunities elsewhere. See Sancho, Matondo, Brahim etc.

I reckon we will sign players like that for sister clubs and as loanees but I think we'll start to see fewer of them in the u18s and EDS over the next few years.
True that one

Daily Fail carrying the story that salah can leave for 60m this summer.

We should look for a similar fee for Raz, but I think Jesus fee has set the standard.

45 to 50m

Seems to be more outgoings than usual this Summer. I wonder if we’re building the kitty for something in particular…

It's a decent fee no doubt but when everything coming out was holding firm for £50m it's disappointing to see it less than that.

I thought this would be the transfer we wouldn't buckle on given his quality, regardless of the contract situation.

I think there might he some conservative reporting there and still expect it to be closer to 50 than 45 by the time it properly comes out, even if it is add-ons.

And if not, what's 5m to dig in and haggle over for weeks on end, holding back a good person and player that has been great for us, and our own transfer plans. 45m is still pretty decent.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.