It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

One thing I think we're not so good at is acting quickly and changing directions when something unexpected happens. I think they didn't expect sterling to leave and didn't prepare a plan or a list of replacements will ultimately mean they won't attempt to replace him, which is a shame
What makes you think this is unexpected? With Sterling going into his last year, this was always on the radar imo. As far as replacements go, it's very early in the window, so I wouldn't rule out anything yet.

Safe to say Sterling is gone if Chelsea pay up. No way of holding a grudge against the guy for leaving to a rival given what he's done for us over the last 7 years.

Frustrating? Yes, at times. Brilliant too? Yes, at times.

The only real downside to this, in my opinion, is needing to replace his pace on the wings. He's the only one who really drives full backs back because they're shit scared of his pace and movement. I just hope we replace that in some way.

It's sad to see players like Jesus and Sterling going (despite it needing to be done) but it's exciting seeing a big overhaul. Giving me 17/18 vibes when we just blew the league away with a new style.

What makes you think this is unexpected? With Sterling going into his last year, this was always on the radar imo. As far as replacements go, it's very early in the window, so I wouldn't rule out anything yet.
I guess nothing but a hunch

Fair play to him for taking on another challenge.
He’s not a City fan or local to the area, so I think it’s good on him for not becoming stagnant and making another big decision to try something new while he still has something to offer.
Mentally I think a new start is definitely needed for him.
He doesn’t seem to be as happy on the pitch as he once was so I think he’s done the right thing and I wish him all the best and thank him for his excellent contribution to our sucesss.

As for us, we need some speed/acceleration in forward areas. I hope we do replace him with someone a little different to what we already have. Raheem is the only player who gets in behind and is very direct. Qualities we don’t have to much of.

We’ll be ok though with Foden, KDB and Haaland :)

We will not replace Sterling and Gabriel immediately if there's no realistic target that we can get this summer.

We will wait a season rather replacing the player just for the sake of it wasting a money.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.