It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Sterling hasn’t used his pace for 2 seasons. Cuts inside every time he receives the ball. We don’t suit his play anymore. I don’t begrudge him going to a team that plays with less possession and more on the counter. Only pep knows why he has wanted to change from direct wingers to having them cut inside.
He made the best cross of his career when we needed it most - millimetre perfect to Gundog's head - to spark the revival that won us the League. Devastating acceleration to beat his man over 5 yards on the outside and deliver the perfect cross. We have no one else who can do that.

Sterling hasn’t used his pace for 2 seasons. Cuts inside every time he receives the ball. We don’t suit his play anymore. I don’t begrudge him going to a team that plays with less possession and more on the counter. Only pep knows why he has wanted to change from direct wingers to having them cut inside.

I think we were 'figured out' after 17/18. Even in Sterling's best season for us, 18/19, we'd steered away from our wingers using their pace shown by the fact even Sane wasn't first choice anymore.

Sterling was just a lot more effective at cutting in and shooting that year than he has been since. He seemed to play with clarity rather than being confused every time he got the ball as has become pretty common with him.

The less of the ball he sees, the better he is purely because his movement (and pace to get there) is next level. Chelsea's style is perfect for him and he'll thrive there but I personally just think we may have outgrown him and his strengths.

And even if he's not particularly using his pace every second of every game, he's used it effectively when it's needed (vs Villa) and the choice is there too if needed. We'll suffer massively if we haven't got somebody who can attack with pace if he's not replaced.

You don’t trust Pep and his team to make the right call?

Too much worry and stress in this thread, the season is not even started yet ffs.

The fans need to relax more, i mean we already secured one of if not the best young striker on the planet. We gotta trust the club on whatever they plan for our squad next season, even if means they will not bring Sterling and Gabby replacement immediately this summer.

Just take off from transfer windows news and get outside take a fresh breath and relax. Don't be stressed and worry easily by something like this.

Last edited:
Fair play to him for me, could stick out a year, still play a decent amount and then pick up a big signing on fee next year.

I’m glad it’s come to an end, he contributed hugely but has been on a decline and this myth about his pace is pretty laughable. He has had a face like a slapped arse for a while now. Maybe being back in London might give him that spring back into his step.

Fair play to him for me, could stick out a year, still play a decent amount and then pick up a big signing on fee next year.

I’m glad it’s come to an end, he contributed hugely but has been on a decline and this myth about his pace is pretty laughable. He has had a face like a slapped arse for a while now. Maybe being back in London might give him that spring back into his step.

If he keeps running down blind alleys, losing the ball easily and missing the chances he does one thing is for certain, the chav fans will absolutely verbally flog him!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.