It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Do you really think that’s true - Feels like more Noddy accounting and oversimplification from the Athletic- honestly do you really think a club with our turnover exists in such a hand to mouth manner. I don’t and I’m surprised the Athletic expect anyone to fall for such shit stirring nonsense.
It's not like we sit on massive profits every year. We have a large turnover, but we also have huge outgoings.

According to Swiss Ramble, our wages+transfer amortisation in the last accounts was £500m, and Haaland's basic salary + fees will be something like £38m a year over five years.

That's nearly our entire revenue for a year.

We pay good wages because we have high revenue, and we keep the squad smaller than most. We could have four or five more average players hanging around like Liverpool, but then we'd be the ones telling de Bruyne we couldn't pay a big new contract, rather than Liverpool and Salah.

Occam’s razor my friend. The correct explanation is usually the simplest one. You’re probably right. One in one out due to Haaland impact on budget.

Still, I’d like to think otherwise and that there’s a surprise on the way.
Mate, I don't mean this as a personal attack, but people really need to learn the correct application of Occam's Razor. It was never intended for conclusive deduction.

It's a heuristic.

In journalism, it stinks of laziness and a lack of research and investigative rigour.

Sorry...pet peeve!

Last edited:
It's not like we sit on massive profits every year. We have a large turnover, but we also have huge outgoings.

According to Swiss Ramble, our wages+transfer amortisation in the last accounts was £500m, and Haaland's basic salary + fees will be something like £38m a year over five years.

That's nearly our entire revenue for a year.

We pay good wages because we have high revenue, and we keep the squad smaller than most. We could have four or five more average players hanging around like Liverpool, but then we'd be the ones telling de Bruyne we couldn't pay a big new contract, rather than Liverpool and Salah.
Put far more succinctly then I ever could. Thank you for saying what I was trying to say!

So can we now conclude that city are broke and it’s time to saddle the club with debt? Long term loan option from Abu Dhabi independent bank, totally independent from the banks CEO Mansour the 2nd. Again totally unrelated to our owner…totally.

How city being in debt is good for Liverpool’s title challenge :-)

Yeah I do. Do you think the agent and father got nothing? Anyway we it will come out when agent fees a reports later in the year..
Do you think agents and others (not to mention the players signing on fees) get nothing from other transfers? Just because the media add it to Haalands fee doesn't mean we have to buy into it when they don't do it for anyone else.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.