It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

So out of them six, Grealish coming off an average season, Haaland and Alvarez first season in the premier league, Palmer making a couple of fisrt team appearances and an injury hit season. We better hope they all hit the ground running.
You do know barring Gnabry all those players are already at the club & will partake in a full pre season? even if we signed Gnabry we wouldn’t be starting Alvarez Haaland Gnabry in the first game, it’ll be more likely Foden/Grealish Haaland Mahrez, the same goes for any other signings we make, they will be eased in, I suppose players will be judged on ‘how’ ready they are, Phillips & Cucurella (if he signs) have Prem experience so may not take as long as say Alvarez. We are far better prepared than most given we’d signed Haaland & Alvarez in the spring

You do know barring Gnabry all those players are already at the club & will partake in a full pre season? even if we signed Gnabry we wouldn’t be starting Alvarez Haaland Gnabry in the first game, it’ll be more likely Foden/Grealish Haaland Mahrez, the same goes for any other signings we make, they will be eased in, I suppose players will be judged on ‘how’ ready they are, Phillips & Cucurella (if he signs) have Prem experience so may not take as long as say Alvarez. We are far better prepared than most given we’d signed Haaland & Alvarez in the spring
I never said I wanted more signings I said we better hope the front six hit the ground running, perhaps I am wrong and we would be better off if they all struggle early on in the season.

Wanted the fucker to stay there tbh probably does ten whatever name is a favour if he goes
I can't help thinking a condition of Ten Hag's appointment was that Ronaldo goes. The Ronaldo wants to leave narrative is just to protect Ten Hag from United fans, United from Ronaldo fanboys, and allows Neville, Ferdinand and co to still claim he loves United so much, did so much last season but that they understand he wants something they can't offer him next season. Win, win, win.

What we have:

Grealish/Foden - Haaland/Alvarez - Mahrez/Palmer

Not to mention that Foden and Alvarez are both capable of operating on either wing.

What People want:

Grealish/Foden - Haaland/Alvarez - Gnabry/Mahrez/Palmer.

We really aren't short in terms of numbers even with Sterling and Jesus leaving. Why can't people see this?
Grealish has no end product out wide.
Alvarez a gamble who may not adapt to the PL.
Palmer inexperienced.
Mahrez 31.
With the exception of Foden there is a distinct lack of speed in the wide areas.
If Sterling leaves we need to replace him with quality and pace.

Palmer inexperienced.
Mahrez 31.
With the exception of Foden there is a distinct lack of speed in the wide areas.

Not sure I agree with that. Sterling didn’t play a lot of games and we were fine last season

Palmer inexperienced.
Mahrez 31.

Grealish did have some end product but not enough of it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.