It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Dortmund level Dembele scored 6 goals in 32 games his last season in Bundesliga. If Barcelona wouldnt have been run by complete idiots and paid his real value at the time (which was more like around €35m), nobody would even think about signing him at a big club today. But Bartomeu (the idiot) instead paid them €140m, which for some reason has made the world believe Dembele is some kind of world class talent (why else would someone pay that much?) that have just struggled at Barcelona. Prime Dembele would be 4th or 5th choice winger in this team. Probably the worst transfer in football history considering it was not just that he failed, he was not even that good in Dortmund and they managed to scam Barcelona for more than €100m over his real value.
Dembele blows...

I meant the PL champions at that point, my bad.
Indeed, I was a little facetious, and apologise for that, but stats aren’t everything when you look at emerging and breakout players.

Simply because he hasn’t good goal involvement figures doesn’t make him a poor prospect. His team nearly got relegated.

Stats based fans then suggest Barnes and Maddison at Leicester as better options.

They aren’t. They have more goal contributions, in a better team, but Maddison is flawed as a person (Leicester fans were calling for him to be sacked at the end of the previous season) and Barnes has improved a bit, but is bang average.

Indeed, I was a little facetious, and apologise for that, but stats aren’t everything when you look at emerging and breakout players.

Simply because he hasn’t good goal involvement figures doesn’t make him a poor prospect. His team nearly got relegated.

Stats based fans then suggest Barnes and Maddison at Leicester as better options.

They aren’t. They have more goal contributions, in a better team, but Maddison is flawed as a person (Leicester fans were calling for him to be sacked at the end of the previous season) and Barnes has improved a bit, but is bang average.
Sure, all true, but Gordon doesn't pass the eye test for me, just not city's level at all

At the age of 21 Jack grealish has 1 premier League goal to his name and was playing his trade in the championship.
Right, well I don't know that's actually making the case you think it's making given grealish's level of performances for city thusfar

Sure, all true, but Gordon doesn't pass the eye test for me, just not city's level at all

Right, well I don't know that's actually making the case you think it's making given grealish's level of performances for city thusfar
I look at Gordon and see him as an 8. He’d need Pep’s coaching, but could see him having a very good career.

I also see Grealish as an 8 though.

I think both are wasted out wide on the left.

Just saying you never know how a young players career is gonna pan out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.