It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Home town club, first choice, future captain and already a borderline legend with his own supporters.

I have no idea why he'd leave that to come sit on his arse for 70% of the season.

Agreed mate, there is no positive in that move for him besides no doubt a pay rise but playing time would be next to nothing on what he has now and could affect his international place?

How about going to Leicester and try to buy JFE from them? He’s 34 now and will probably be happy to be 4th choice. 1 year left on his contract.

The squad was too small last season. I don't understand how anyone would think making it smaller again would be a smart idea, short of placing too much faith in academy players and Pep's trust in them.
Pep doesn't like to work with a bloated squad, but like you say in a world cup season we don't want to be in a situation that we are short on numbers due to injuries. Ake will be replaced, not so sure about Sterling though.

Agreed mate, there is no positive in that move for him besides no doubt a pay rise but playing time would be next to nothing on what he has now and could affect his international place?

Yep and I can guarantee that he's already had offers for a big pay day at other clubs around Spain and elsewhere.

Probably just in no rush to leave because he's living the dream where he is.

What about diaby or doku to replace sterling? Young hungry players who would no doubt love to work and improve under pep? Would cost the huge wages that gnabry wants either?

Pep doesn't like to work with a bloated squad, but like you say in a world cup season we don't want to be in a situation that we are short on numbers due to injuries. Ake will be replaced, not so sure about Sterling though.

Sterling I think we can possibly hold off for a year, depending on how we're planning on using fullbacks and wingers next season. Still leaves us pretty thin if we have a few injuries.

But yeah, not replacing Ake would just be asking for problems, especially with our track record of centreback injuries.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.