It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

dont seem to be any rumours on the older CFG players we signed but never showed up at City:

Yangel Herrera, Marlos Moreno, we spent quite a few millions on them, but they never really took off.i would imagine their contract is running out soon.

with the sale exodus Txiki is doing, would make sense to sell all of these players too, especially with the loan limit coming in.

and I recall some highly rated guy Arzani from Australia, not sure what happened to him and some "new Modric" Palaversa from Croatia.

If Ake goes I hope we bring in a very good RB rather than a CB.

Preferably a RB who can also be 4th choice CB along with Phillips, Walker, Rodri and the kids.

I know we struggled for CB last year but I'm afraid that at RB we could struggle even more if Walker gets injured (and he's getting old now... for a sports person that is).
Recce James, long term Walker replacement and Cancelo fill in at LB with Cucurella , we are set for years with those players.

If we get the lad from Brighton i dont think we will need to replace Sterling, I get the impression that Grealish plays better when he gets a regular run of games. It would be great to see him get this game time and I am sure we will see a 2nd season bounce as we have seen numerous times before.

If Cucurella comes in i think cancelo hoes to RB and walker becomes the number two to start the season mate. I just don’t see us paying £50m for a proper LB and then he’s on the bench? I think it will be Cancelo and Walker RB and Cucurella and Zinchenko fir LB.
No chance Walker is starting on the bench. He's a better RB than Cancelo.

I'd be surprised if Zinchenko stuck around if we sign Cucurella also.

Would mean Cancelo is backup LB and RB but Pep has shown he's more than happy to play Stones at RB if required. If Ake stays then he can cover LB also, if he goes then I expect we sign another left CB who could play LB also.

Or they just don't have a pot to piss in ala Graziers, Chelsea will struggle for me, as said whatever you thought of Roman, he was a wonderful owner and a very generous one, he made Chelsea what they are today and without him they will struggle to maintain that status.
As I said he is their front man not 100 percent their owner.
Certainly Barca do a similar thing using their previous reputation to remain relative.

Chelsea doing us a favour as far as I can see.

Nobody else has come forward this summer wanting to take Sterling off our hands, solving an issue we were previously resigned to.

Ake, while a popular member of the squad, is still only a fourth-choice back up, nothing which marks him out as being able to dislodge Laporte or Dias.

Getting £50m plus for him would be excellent business and we have to accept he will be feeling the pressure in a World Cup year and has an affinity for Chelsea.

Understandably, many Blues fear losing decent players eventually means the trophy train will hit the buffers, but we are long past that stage, as a club.

That's what happens when the culture is changed by people like Mancini, Pellegrini and certainly, Pep.

We have seen Vinny, Zabba, Dave, Sergio, Toure and Fern, all degrade and eventually leave us.

We keep on winning. There are new players to be made heroes of.

Selling Sterling and Ake should not be accompanied with a careful what we wish for, but another opportunity for Pep and City to take the team forward again.
agree in the main but losing Raz Gabby Fern Ake and possibly Bernie in one window is very risky. they are all multi title winners ffs. how do you top that .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.