It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

I'm hoping that Jack will have a great season too but I fear that he is essentially a 95% man, i.e. doesn't ever truly give everything he has.
There were little signs to the contrary...for example against madrid in the semi's. I think he looks restrained because he's possibly aware of going against peps strict instructions. For me he will fully settle into the system and play with a touch more freedom in time.

On an unrelated note i believe Haaland has the personality and self belief to hit his stride quickly. I think pep will give him much more freedom than others...you'd be mad not to imo.

Not really Aguero has been gone for virtually 2 years, so numbers wise adding Grealish more or less replaced him, Haaland on his own will play more than Torres and Jesus together did, Alvarez and Palmer can cover Sterlings game time. We might replace Sterling if we want more experience I don’t know,but pure numbers wise we’re okay.
Besides if we buy a left back we can only replace one of Sterling and Jesus.
Aguero has been gone a year....he may not ahve played much but was still part of the squad and that still affects things..how the players there train and push themselves to not let him back in the team once fit etc for instance.
Secondly if you think Grealsih will ever replace Aguero in anything you are sadly mistaken ... a half fit Aguero adds more than Grealish did last year and will ever do and again is a bigger squad booster than Grealish will ever be.

If Haaland plays as much as you say he will then we risk running him into the ground

Alvarezand Palmer - both completely unproven whereas Raz is an established premiership player of genuine quality....neither the two you mentioned are regardless of their potential

We need to replace one of Sterling and Jesus or we are light on options.

Don’t forget, we signed Grealish when many said we didn’t need him. And we also have Cole Palmer coming through. They don’t have Sterling’s attributes obviously, but they do have plenty of their own. I would prefer it if there was someone available now that we like and can afford as a direct, pacy replacement but if not I’m still ok with the squad even if it’s not perfect. We’ll adapt.
Based on his performances last season, we didnt need Grealish - hopefully that changes this season but he has a long way to go

Palmer - looks quality but many many young players dont make that final step.

We have the squad to adapt in terms of the way we play - its more the numbers and quality of the squad with a couple of unproven players (Palmer and Alvarez) who may turn out to be absolute world beaters...but also may not.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.