It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Bayern after Matthijs de Ligt and fee quoted is 51m yep if we went for him he be one our first choice players but for that fee of Ake goes it’s an opportunity we shouldn’t miss out on!
Would he want the competition though?
He would not be guaranteed a start and therefore same issues with national team as Ake

CFG working miracles again

£17mil for a player we bought for what, £3mil?

Absolutely loving how much this is gonna fuck people off

We won't be spending a penny this year....can see Dippers/Rags/Barca frothing at the mouth...sure they'll scream we are "hoarding talent'" or "financial doping" even with the Dippers selling that Nico Williams for £15mil

The "5 year net spend" has always included that 17/18 summer, that's about to go and everyone will see just how well we are run and just how we are not going anywhere

If the club have supposedly turned down 17m, then they aren't getting 17m for him.

I know what you said...he needs to be replaced...I am responding to the idea that his departure will affect our point total...after moving Torres who basically missed the entire Fall with injury we proceeded with Mahrez, Foden, Sterling, Gabby, and Grealish as Palmer was injured the entire Spring...now we have Haaland, Mahrez, Foden, Grealish, Alvarez, and Palmer...please explain how we are weaker in attack...I think people on here are losing sight of just how good Haaland is...he is far and away the best pure goal scorer on the squad capable of equalling or exceeding Raz and Gabby's combined 30 goals himself...Mahrez may drop off a bit, but Foden will only get better and Grealish should improve dramatically in year 2...adjustment or no adjustment a player of Alvarez' ability surrounded by this cast will do some damage and likewise for young Cole...I'm actually expecting City to exceed last year's goal total both overall and in the league...
i name checked the departures of both Sterling and Jesus, not just Sterling, so why did you make it a Sterling thing?

I also expressed a concern that we risk running Haaland into the ground if the unproven Alvarez and Palmer take a long time to fulfil their potential.

You're entitled to your opinion as am i. And i happen to have concerns that we may take a while to get into our rhythm which could lead to early dropped points that in turn could lead to a lower points total. I hope that's not the case, I hope Haaland continues to be the goal scoring freak of the last few years.

I've defended my opinion without attacking or praising yours. Feel free to say your bit as this is a forum after all, but i don't enjoy arguments so with the greatest of respect, i'll leave it there blue.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.