It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

I'm not sure attracting a top player will necessarily be a huge problem - we may well be planning to sell Laporte next summer when he has 2 years left, as he's shown no signs of renewing and has made plenty of noises in the last couple of years.
If he's got 3 years left, why would he be showing signs of renewing? We won't have started negotiating with him yet?

Interesting as in all 3 names have been mentioned on here? I wonder where he's getting his information from :(

To be fair all three names have been in transfer rumors for top clubs looking for CBs. I do agree he’s probably a KFA that’s just using easy names though

He has 3 years left including this year, but he has made noises about going to one of the big Spanish clubs in the past.

Now that he is playing for the Spanish national team it could potentially make sense for him from a marketing point of view.

Wasn’t it about playing time after Dias and Stones bossed it in 2020/21? Because of Stones’ injury at the start, he played all last season so can’t imagine he’s in too much of a rush to leave again.

I like him, he’s brilliant but I would still prefer Stones and Dias as the starting pair.

Slightly concerning that the article says city are weighing up replacing Ake? Last we heard was Ake would only leave for £50m and we had a replacement?! Hope the club don’t chance this as pretty much all of our defence will be at the World Cup and we have literally just had walker, stones and Dias out for the final 5-6 weeks of the season?! Stones always picks up niggles throughout the season as well so if pep doesn’t quite fancy mbete yet then we definitely need another CB.

Suppose he was the 3rd of the players that 9320blue said had London calling. The club will definitely replace him

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.