It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Slightly concerning that the article says city are weighing up replacing Ake? Last we heard was Ake would only leave for £50m and we had a replacement?! Hope the club don’t chance this as pretty much all of our defence will be at the World Cup and we have literally just had walker, stones and Dias out for the final 5-6 weeks of the season?! Stones always picks up niggles throughout the season as well so if pep doesn’t quite fancy mbete yet then we definitely need another CB.
Do you believe Father Christmas is real?

Slightly concerning that the article says city are weighing up replacing Ake? Last we heard was Ake would only leave for £50m and we had a replacement?! Hope the club don’t chance this as pretty much all of our defence will be at the World Cup and we have literally just had walker, stones and Dias out for the final 5-6 weeks of the season?! Stones always picks up niggles throughout the season as well so if pep doesn’t quite fancy mbete yet then we definitely need another CB.
Would be fucking madness to let him go and not replace

Selling ake without profit and without replacement will be a mistake. We should demand 50-55 M for him and get a cheap backup

Didn't we go for Kounde a couple of years back after Koulibaly fell through?

Aye...all the media were falling over themselves stating he was going to be our Kompany replacement.

He even got a mention in the 2020 European Supercup Sevilla vs Bayern where apparently us City fans should be watching Koundé closely as we were about to sign him within the week. Then boom we announced Dias!

Koundé is a top player but my main concern is he’s a right sided CB where Ake is on the left & the area where we need to strengthen.

For this reason & if we do part ways with Ake I would rather we focus on Gvardiol who fits the area of need better.

Aye...all the media were falling over themselves stating he was going to be our Kompany replacement.

He even got a mention in the 2020 European Supercup Sevilla vs Bayern where apparently us City fans should be watching Koundé closely as we were about to sign him within the week. Then boom we announced Dias!

Koundé is a top player but my main concern is he’s a right sided CB where Ake is on the left & the area where we need to strengthen.

For this reason & if we do part ways with Ake I would rather we focus on Gvardiol who fits the area of need better.

Alternatively, because Dias looks more comfortable on the left and Stones is our most injury-prone central defender, a right-sided central defender might make sense

Especially if we sign a left-footed left-back

Do you believe Father Christmas is real?

Like it or not mate we have form at times at not replacing players from a position of strength? Hopefully he gets replaced but it can’t be ruled out imo that we don’t get one? I would like us to get another winger if/when Sterling goes but I am happier in that area of the pitch if we don’t due to the depth there?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.