It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

People around saying that Man City may not replace more outgoings, and that Pep more and more likes working with a smallish squad.. and that Grealish, Haaland was the replacements etc. What they are forgetting is that they are replacing Kun and Torres as well from back when City had a much bigger squad really.
19 senior* pros is at LEAST one to few I feel.

Ederson
Ortega

Walker
Cancelo
Dias
Stones
Laporte
Zinchenko/Cucurella

Rodri
Phillips
De Bruyne
Gündoğan
Silva

Foden
Grealish
Mahrez
Palmer*
Álvarez
Haaland

*Including Palmer

Its pretty crazy that a lot of journalists and fans of other teams thinks this really.. they still think City got the widest squad in da world. Its like 2020 talk.
They are all extremely high quality but you need pure numbers at times as well.

Edit: in my mind though, I do think that Grealish signing was a thought of cos they probably knew that Sterling was not gonna re-sign and they wanted to pre-cover themselves in that eventuality (sale, 1y contract left) but all the rest is not.

e2: For comparison 1 sept. 2020, City had 21 comparable including Foden that had a senior high wage contract by then, +Garcia. Only position that wasn't double-covered then was AM/CM with 3 instead of 4.

Last edited:
People around saying that Man City may not replace more outgoings, and that Pep more and more likes working with a smallish squad.. and that Grealish, Haaland was the replacements etc. What they are forgetting is that they are replacing Kun and Torres as well from back when City had a much bigger squad really.
19 senior* pros is AT LEAST one too little I feel.

Ederson
Ortega

Walker
Cancelo
Dias
Stones
Laporte
Zinchenko/Cucurella

Rodri
Phillips
De Bruyne
Gündoğan
Silva

Foden
Grealish
Mahrez
Palmer
Álvarez
Haaland

*Including Palmer

Its pretty crazy that a lot of journalists and fans of other teams thinks this really.. they still think City got the widest squad in da world. Its like 2020 talk.

Edit: in my mind though, I do think that Grealish signing was a thought they probably knew that Sterling was not gonna re-sign and they wanted to pre-cover themselves in that eventuality (sale, 1y contract left) but all the rest is not.
Cucurella
keep Zinchenko
Salisu

Also Carson and McAtee

19 senior* pros is at LEAST one to few I feel.

Ederson
Ortega

Walker
Cancelo
Dias
Stones
Laporte
Zinchenko/Cucurella

Rodri
Phillips
De Bruyne
Gündoğan
Silva

Foden
Grealish
Mahrez
Palmer
Álvarez
Haaland

*Including Palmer

They are all extremely high quality but you need pure numbers at times as well.

Edit: in my mind though, I do think that Grealish signing was a thought they probably knew that Sterling was not gonna re-sign and they wanted to pre-cover themselves in that eventuality (sale, 1y contract left) but all the rest is not.
They will replace Ake...Cucurella is not "replacing" Zinchenko...and McAtee will be the 6 midfielder...that's 22'''...

They will replace Ake...Cucurella is not "replacing" Zinchenko...and McAtee will be the 6 midfielder...that's 22'''...

Yes I hope so.. some reports saying that Zinch got a deal in place with Everton already though cos him and his missus wants to stay in the northwest (+play in midfield) and thats why Arsenal and Arteta didnt go for him, and City is just waiting for the Cucu deal to roll.. those reports might be wrong though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.