It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Read this from city Twitter. True but still concerning on the number of changes

Cucurella and a central defender and it's exactly the same numbers as before squad wise if Aké and Zinchenko leave. Numbers wise the depth will be there. Understandable concern about the experience of the squad tho

Reckon Barca might come for Silva after selling de jong?
Long way to go before De Jong going to the rag’s.
Barca, still owe €17 million to De Jong.
Plus it’s Barca, who want to sell, not De Jong wanting to leave, so Barca will have to pay up all loyalty bonuses, that’s a lot of money they don’t have.

Agreed, sorry about Zinch, never lets you down, a proper guy, a lovely guy to have around the club, but he is at the stage of his career where he needs to be playing week in week out.
The day he turned down Wolves to stay with us and fight for his place was the day I so much admiration for the lad, He could have went to Wolves took the easy option and played in a mediocre team playing mid table every season. He showed massive balls and shows his mentality he's a winner and felt like he belonged with the group of players City had. As you said lovely guy and never let us down playing out of position mostly too. Just a pity it's looking like fucking Arsenal I hate those twats.

All of these outgoings remind me of the interview Pep did with Ferdinand last year before the Champions League Final, where he said a few times that you've got to keep chopping and changing the squad. I think he expected a few outgoings last year, but that didn't transpire due to covid etc.

I'm sad to see the likes of Sterling, Jesus, and potentially now Zin leave, but I'm sure the club are prepared for this and have a plan, whether that be replacements or alternate use of the current squad and academy. We are the best run club in the world, and people shouldn't forget that.

Why isn’t it as impressive? You can only play when selected. I looks more impressive, but it really isn’t

Do you think it’s easier to play well & find consistency when most playing games or playing sporadically?

Not saying you’re wrong by the way, but you’re only looking at your opinion through one eye mate
I originally said it’s a double edged sword and you are right.

It’s not necessarily better. But the fewer games, the less of an accurate representation you get.
So if someone has impressive stats - the more minutes they are over the more impressive it is to me.

A LB, CB and if Zinch goes, I could see a move for a wide player.

If so we are fine and considerably stronger.

And lets not forget Grealish according to the experts will be on fire and take the league by storm.

A Lb and CB I am fairly certain we would have gotten.

A wide player, I am not sure we have seen any proper links. Gnabry?

The day he turned down Wolves to stay with us and fight for his place was the day I so much admiration for the lad, He could have went to Wolves took the easy option and played in a mediocre team playing mid table every season. He showed massive balls and shows his mentality he's a winner and felt like he belonged with the group of players City had. As you said lovely guy and never let us down playing out of position mostly too. Just a pity it's looking like fucking Arsenal I hate those twats.
Great move for the lad to be fair and I am sure his Mrs will love the shops!!

Read this from city Twitter. True but still concerning on the number of changes

Cucurella and a central defender and it's exactly the same numbers as before squad wise if Aké and Zinchenko leave. Numbers wise the depth will be there. Understandable concern about the experience of the squad tho
Quoting from that kid in Twitter I see

Zinchenko would barely play if Cucurella came in. And if all of Cucurella, Cancelo and Walker are fit, Pep will have a pleasant headache picking who to play. Zinchenko would always be 4th choice.

But replacing Aké with Kounde sounds expensive?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.