It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Palmer looks like won't be good enough to play for us in future, which is no insult to him. Saying he's not going to be one of the top 5 in his position in world football isn't an insult. Or he might become great after a couple hundred Prem games or so and develop late. But he's not currently good enough to slot into our team and the fact that some of you are using Palmer who has played maybe 1 proper senior competitive game in his pro career against Everton and was out of position, to someone like Saka who has 20 England caps, 100 PL games and was playing in a Euros recently is absolutely bonkers. Playing against Burnley/coming on while 3-0 up is not experience you can judge off and even if it was, he's played about 4 or 5 times doing that. He was great in the Carabao against League One sides - again not something you can really judge on. So frankly I have absolutely no idea what some of you are using to get so carried away with him.

I've been watching since he was 15. He's good, I like him, I think he can be a good squad player for us. He's not world class and I don't see any particular signs that that is something that will develop. He reminds me of a lot of Barcelona youth players who were going to be world class until they left Pep and ended up at Stoke. He's better than Stoke but I don't see him in that elite level talent and I'm not sure why anybody does apart from wild optimism or misunderstanding the standard of the PL2.

Smith-Rowe is going to be better than both of them put together but as a friend of mine says, y'all ain't ready for that conversation yet.
I vehemently reject the implication that palmer won't be good enough to play for us in the future, that saka is a better talent than him, that smith rowe is a better talent than him, that there aren't signs that he will develop into a monster. all of those things, respectfully, are your opinion and nothing more, and I think are very very wide off the mark.

you cannot present those opinions as facts, it's merely your take

If that happens the Ney stuff will be put to bed.. contract until 24. I didnt think they would go for a winger until next summer though or at the earliest the winter window, that usually how Man City operates, its more of an organic process.
Still doubt.

I vehemently reject the implication that palmer won't be good enough to play for us in the future, that saka is a better talent than him, that smith rowe is a better talent than him, that there aren't signs that he will develop into a monster. all of those things, respectfully, are your opinion and nothing more, and I think are very very wide off the mark.

you cannot present those opinions as facts, it's merely your take

So 100 appearances and 20 England caps Saka is currently better than Palmer who has 1 professional start in his career outside the Carabao. And that's controversial to you is it?

Was it the grand total of 45 minutes he's played in the CL across 5 games, all of which we had a commanding lead, that convinced you?

What exactly are you judging this from?

So 100 appearances and 20 England caps Saka is currently better than Palmer who has 1 professional start in his career outside the Carabao. And that's controversial to you is it?

Was it the grand total of 45 minutes he's played in the CL across 5 games, all of which we had a commanding lead, that convinced you?

I didn't say palmer is *better* than saka, I said I believe he is a better talent than saka, which is very much different. you're arguing against something I never said.

He said talent, which I would presume to mean a higher ceiling. If Palmer came through at Arsenal do you think his caps and appearances might be different? I do.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.