It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

How can someone write it out snd still get it so wrong?

Oh that's right, because you used multiple players twice to cover different positions. And ignore 2 further players that were in the squad at the start of last season while saying it is one in one out.

Once we sign a new LB, we will still be 2 registered players short, something we haven't been in years.

edit, by all means argue away that thats ok, or even better. But don't get it wrong and then argue that as fact.
In our most successful season, I calculate that we went in with 20 first-team players, possibly 21 if you count Zinchenko, and Foden made his breakthrough.

I'm not counting Palmer because he doesn't have to be registered, same with Mcatee, Delap, Mbete, Wilson-Esbrand etc. None of them need to be registered until they're Fodens age and they'll then be registered as 1 of 4 permitted club trained players with Foden who is currently the only one in that category.
Not sure if just badly worded or plain wrong. You can have a squad of 25 club trained players if you choose to do so

In our most successful season, I calculate that we went in with 20 first-team players, possibly 21 if you count Zinchenko, and Foden made his breakthrough.

I don't remember a season hen we didn't have a full set of 21 registered players. For clarity, that excludes CT players (which we rarely have more than 1 of anyway) and youth players.

This season we look like we will go in with 19, and no real change to youth players, im fact losing some that featured last season. That's with a new LB coming in.

If people think that is fine, that's an opinion, if they think it is pep showing balls, fine too, or clib backing the kids, sure argue away.

But people conjure up all sorts of twists on scenarios to argue it isn't smaller and we never had more, is nonsense, and plain wrong. The numbers are the numbers, fucking stop manipulating them (not you obviously, but a broad point).

Not sure if just badly worded or plain wrong. You can have a squad of 25 club trained players if you choose to do so

And? well done, you made no point whatsoever.

You are right, but that is not what anyone was claiming or what matters. We would have a squad of 1.

The fact is you can have a max 21 nonCT players. 25 in total. We have (after a LB arrives) 19 nonCT players, 1 CT. A total of 20 out of 25. That, is a small squad, however you look at it.

I don't particularly focus on the CT as we don't typically fill those, and we are short on that front every year.

We do however always fill the 21. And looks like we now won't. Oh but Palmer...
Yes even with Palmer.

And? well done, you made no point whatsoever.

You are right, but that is not what anyone was claiming or what matters. We would have a squad of 1.

The fact is you can have a max 21 nonCT players. 25 in total. We have (after a LB arrives) 19 nonCT players, 1 CT. A total of 20 out of 25. That, is a small squad, however you look at it.

I don't particularly focus on the CT as we don't typically fill those, and we are short on that front every year.

We do however always fill the 21. And looks like we now won't. Oh but Palmer...
Yes even with Palmer.
He said you are permitted four club trained players. That’s incorrect whichever way you look at it

0cc5a3def1f56bf286c53c60a4254ec3.jpg

Get in Cucurella or another LB and I don't think we're imbalanced at all. Maybe room for another addition, but I do genuinely believe Palmer and McAtee will feature this year, with Palmer becoming a steady 1st teamer.

With Zinny (sadly) leaving I'd wager Cucurella is probably all but done at this point. Even though half of the Brighton fanbase seems to think a guy whos been there 10 months and 30 odd appearances is some sort of untouchable club legend by which we've committed a crime against humanity by negotiating over.

New here so go easy! .. thought I would chime in! ... I think people forget that last season we started with 4 fullbacks in walker, cancelo, zin and Mendy.. obviously losing Mendy early in the season (he may be back but will let the justice system decide that)... We only currently have 2... So the idea of not getting at least one new full back in scares me and I'm baffled that anyone here thinks differently.. on a personal level, I don't really understand why we didn't bring kabore or couto back to ensure we have cover or at least have them on pre season..

We also wanted Kane last season to replace aguero. Haaland is in effect a delayed replacement for him. So since then we have let Torres, Sterling and Jesus go.. with Alvarez coming in - if you want to assume Palmer is ready we are still one short...

When other managers are stating they need bigger squads because of the world cup, whilst also happy with larger squads because you can have 5 subs next season in order to change games, we are worryingly short - injuries have season after season stretched us and unfortunately even if we sign cuca, I can't see us being anything but short...

Aguero out - Haaland in
Sterling out - Grealish in
Jesus out - Alvarez in
Torres out - Palmer in
Fernandinho out - Phillips in
Zinchenko out - Cucurella in

(Edit: I forgot about Grealish so replaced Delap)

I wonder if there's space to keep Delap as a third striker? I'd hope that he could come on for games well won. He is a big bull in a china shop so could really piss off the opposition (once he doesn't get sent off too often).

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.