It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Barca can't even register new players as things stand so no way we sanction a move for bernie to them and defo not this late.
They still have to reduce their wage bill to satisfy La Liga and they still have De Jong on the books, who doesn't want to leave, and will owe him a fortune if they sell him.
Then there's the small matter that they'll have to pay us €100m minimum for Bernie, plus his wages! I just can't see how that all gets done in a month.

I wouldn't discount this straight away he was the only one saying kounde to Barca when everyone else was saying Chelsea. So hes probably been told something. Only way they afford Bernardo is if they sell De Jong

Except there are literally scores of chairs waiting just outside.

You analogy fails miserably because it pre-supposes the idea than Aké and Koundé are the only valid CBs on the market.

lmfao, "fails miserably"?! Get a life you sad sack.

Our number 1 target? No doubt his name came up but I've seen nothing reliable that indicates he was first choice.

I don't know, but it seems to be what Romano was implying, is what I'm saying. Previous poster was asking what Romano was on about.

The thing I always wondered about this small squad thing. It's... uhh. I looked at Liverpool and Spurs squads and they are likely to be much bigger, in effect, three or four very viable, experienced senior squad players. Possibly five more. I imagine the same is true of Chelsea and Utd although I'm not sure.

Basically, it didn't make that much sense to me that we are doing this just as the five subs rule comes in. And I thought we had some leeway in our FFP financials partially because of the rule changes announced last year, the allowances for COVID affect a particular reporting period that is passing, although I'm not clear on the details.

I understand that the agent payment rules change next year, and several good players will be available. And that there's good reason to forward more of our youngsters. But still. I can't help think there must be something else going on in people's minds. Otherwise it starts to look a bit like Pep style stubborness.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.